• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sign - Error Code: 2148073494

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to apply my signature using Standard 8 I get an Error "Platform Exception Keyset does not exist Error Code: 2148073494". Does anyone know what this error is and how to fix it.

Under Security Settings\Digital IDs\Window Digital IDs I have an ID that appears to be invalid and states "The selected certificate has errors: Not time valid" along with stating that the certificate is not trusted.When I try to remove the ID I get this message "Removing a digital ID is only permitted if the ID was created by Adobe Reader or Arcobat version 8.0 or later".

My signature used to work before my IT rolled over my office into a new Domain and changed Admin rights not sure if this caused error in first place but they where unable to get my signature working again.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Hi,

In all probability the digital ID has expired. There is an expiration date listed in the Security Settings dialog, what does it say? If the digital ID has indeed expired, and you would like to remove it from the Windows Certificate Store you need to do it through a Windows interface, not through Acrobat. Like many things, there are more then one way to go about this, but the simplest is to start Internet Explorer. From Internet Explorer select the Tools menu or button, and then Internet Optio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2010 Apr 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In all probability the digital ID has expired. There is an expiration date listed in the Security Settings dialog, what does it say? If the digital ID has indeed expired, and you would like to remove it from the Windows Certificate Store you need to do it through a Windows interface, not through Acrobat. Like many things, there are more then one way to go about this, but the simplest is to start Internet Explorer. From Internet Explorer select the Tools menu or button, and then Internet Options from the drop-down menu. Next, select the Contents tab on the Internet Option dialog and then click the Certificates button.

Here is where you'll see the digital IDs loaded into the Windows Certificate Store. You can highlight the expired ID that you would like to delete and click the Remove button, BUT FIRST, I strongly suggest that you Export the ID to a file in case you ever need to get back to it for some reason. Think of this as escrowing or archiving the digital ID just in case. Once you've saved the digital ID to a file, then you can remove it knowing that you could resurrect it at some time in the future.

Of course, if it has expired you will need to procure a fresh digital ID if you want to continue to digitally sign PDF files, but that's a separate discussion.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2010 Apr 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve,

I was able to delete the invalid Digital ID using your instructions. I had to create a completely new Digital ID even though I already had a valid one. But once I created a new Digitial ID and changed the Usage Options in Advanced\Security Settings\Windows Digital IDs from the old one to the new on it worked.

Thanks!

Bret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines