• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signing PDF's with new e-ID's doesn't work

New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Reading Pro DC for signing documents with e-ID's from students and clients for a while.

The steps I used to take, to sign a document:

1. I put the ID-card in the smartcardreader of the computer
  2. In the PDF-document I go to "More tools - Certificates - Digitaal ondertekenen" (sign digital/digital signing?)
  3. When I click "Digitaal ondertekenen", I need to draw a field on the PDF, in which the digital signature and the timestamp should apear after signing with the pin-code;
  4. After drawing this signature-field, I get a list of digital ID's. When my client wanted to sign the document his ID-credentials didn't apear in the list of ID's. When this happened in the past, I just needed to click on the button "Vernieuwen / refresh", and the list got refreshed. 

The refresh doesn't work anymore. I already had a list of 20 ID's, so I thought I just needed to delete a few of the digital Windows-ID's via the security-settings of the browser, but even then I don't get an update of the ID-list. The strange thing is, that the new ID-card apears in the list of Microsoft-certificates when I check the privacy and security setting in the internet explorer, but it doesn't apear in my list of certificates in Adobe Acrobat. 

Is this due to a problem with an update, or do I need to take other steps to get this feature up and running again?
I already tried to configure a new digital ID, but if I select the type of digital ID, using a smartcard connected to the computer I get the message that Adobe Acrobat can't find new digital ID's. I already used an other smartcardreader to see if the problem was caused by my smartcardreader and also tried this procedure with an other ID-card, to make sure there is no problem with the chip of the ID-card, but the problem remains. 

Best regards. 

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?