• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sort order for PDF Reply under a comment

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have some users that reply to a comment in a pdf file, that already has replies, and after the user saves the file, their reply appears right after the comment. The replies are not in order of date and time = Comment, user reply and then the rest of the replies are in date/time order. If I open the pdf file, don't do anything and then save the file the replies are in date/time order. If I open the pdf file, add a reply, save, close the file and another user opens the pdf file, my reply appears right after the originating comment and the rest of the replies are in date/time order. See image: Example.jpg

Is there a setting to set the order of the replies after the file is saved and opened by another user? I have searched and can not find a preference for reply order, only for sorting comments and filtering comments.

Thank you. beckyw

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Thanks to a coworker. Here is an answer and fix.

For Acrobat Pro DC, make sure to select Allow nested reply to sticky notes for Commenting. This adds reply options to not only the comment but the replies as well. And the reply identifies from who to who.

Preference Pane.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply to my post and further questions. We have noticed that most versions of Acrobat allow users to reply not only to the comment to to a specific reply. Because we review projects across teams that have different version of Acrobat there are inconsistencies. The Design department uses Acrobat Pro DC which only allows (from what we can tell) a reply to reference the comment, not the latest reply, which when there are multiple replies for one comment the view (shown in previous post) can appear out of order.

So my question is, in Acrobat Pro DC is there an option to reply to a reply of a comment? I only see one area to reply in the comment sidebar.

Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 11.18.21 AM.png

Again, thank you beckyw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to a coworker. Here is an answer and fix.

For Acrobat Pro DC, make sure to select Allow nested reply to sticky notes for Commenting. This adds reply options to not only the comment but the replies as well. And the reply identifies from who to who.

Preference Pane.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi rebecca... feel free to mark your reply above as the 'correct answer' so that it will appear as solved in the forum listing 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the wrong answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines