Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Summary based on checkbox selections

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'd like to create a summary of items based on selected checkboxes.

The summary will have centered section headers to separate the items based on their checkbox selections as shown below.

David26928178i1kt_0-1668535134985.png

David26928178i1kt_1-1668536083092.png

The table housing the soure information has 15 rows. The goal is to only list items and/or headers when the appropriate checkbox is selected. If possible, there will be a blank row separating sections and the form user will be able to additoinal text after the final line item.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understood correctly, you want to generate a report based on what is checked in the Follow Up Action section and grab the value of the field adjacent in that row to publish it on that report, correct?

In the Commodity Column, how are the users interacting with those fields? (i.e. are these textfields where the user types in information, or are have you considered using dropdown menu with a pre-defined items list but also give the user the ability to type in a different answer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ls_rbls ,

Yes, you are correct.

Just an FYI, it is possible to select multiple checkboxes. In the event that multiple checkboxes are selected, the information from the adjacent row will be displayed under the appropriate header titles (i.e. "Items on Hold", "Items to Treat", "Items to Strip").

As for interactions, the Commodity column is a textfield with no special formating. The Container Size column has dropdowns with pre-defined values. Users are not able to add or modify container text. Finally, the Quantity column is also a textfield formatted to only accept numerical values.

There are a total of 15 rows in the table that I'd like to summarize.

David26928178i1kt_0-1668614086406.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to answer your question... (have you considered using dropdown menu with a pre-defined items list but also give the user the ability to type in a different answer)?

I did not consider this, but now that you mention it see how this would be a better option.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines