• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tags marked as artifact show in reading order panel

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I've got empty tags that I think are borders on graphs. I've marked them as artifacts, but they still show in the reading order. Delete selected item structure doesn't do anything either. Can anyone confirm if I am correct and if/how i should remove them? 

Felicity35766470jgez_0-1719282022465.png

TOPICS
PDF , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

This can happen if the role map dictionary maps artifacts to roles that are still in the reading order. What is the role map? It is one of many "dictionaries" in Acrobat that allow Acrobat to create documents that can be read across many different platforms. Basically, dictionaries are columns of tags or attributes, the attribute on the left is "mapped" to the attribute on the right.

The following appears:

/artifact /P

This means that, as it stands, every time you make something an artifact, it will be treated as plain text, and still be in the reading order.

How do you find the role map? Right-click on the tag that you want to artifact, and choose "Edit Role Map". This will bring up the role map dictionary. I am quite sure that you will find that /artifact has been mapped to something that will keep it in the reading order.

Hope this information will help.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines