Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Align Tool Greyed Out in Prepare Form View

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Does anyone know how to align text in a dropdown field list when editing in Prepare Form view.  

I have created a dropdown list field and want the "item list" text to appear centered horizontally on the page, but the align tools in Prepare Form view are greyed out.  I've spent hours trying to figure it out using Adobe help and online searches,  but have been unable to find a solution.

I'm trying to horizontally center the "item list" names on the page when the user selects the name from the dropdown field.

Thanks in advance for any solution.

Best regards,

Jeff

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can only be done using tabs, which requires using a custom script. An example of such code. It should work and will give you an idea. You can test run it in the JS Console. (shortcut CTRL+J).

Please note, this script will overwrite the current values in your field. 

var items = [

"Item1\t\tItem1_DropDown1",

"Item2\t\tItem1_DropDown2",

"Item3\t\tItem1_DropDown3",

];

this.getField("Dropdown1").setItems(items);

You can set your code at Document Level (Tools > Javascript >Document Javascript" or Mouse Up event of a Dropdown field.

-Bhavna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bhavan,

Thanks for you reply. I wish I knew enough about Adobe, java script, etc. to be able to use the script you sent me. Unfourtunatley I'm  new to Adobe, a beginner user at best and not sure what to do with the information you sent.  I really do apperciate your time and effort in responding to my cry for help.

Best regards,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jeffreyc24935033 

Did you ever get this to work? I'm having the same issue, it's soooo painful. Why can't Adobe allow such a simple alignment tool.

TIA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The align tools are active when you select 2 or more objects in this view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd,

Thanks for the advice. Your suggestion does activate the alignment tools, but does not allow me to center align the dropdown "list item" within the field. I appericate your time.

Best regards,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this possibility existed it would be a property of the PDF format (aka ISO 32000-1), not a function of Acrobat (or any other software).
It is what allows PDF forms to look the same everywhere.

If I'm not mistaken, this property exists in the PDF 2.0 format (aka ISO 32000-2), wait and see…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines