When I save a word file to pdf using Adobe Acrobat DC, some of the text does not show up properly italicized as they are in the word document. This only happens on my PC. I have a coworker that will do this same action and the texts pdf's properly italicized. I cannot figure out why this is happening only to me.
When I use the Print to pdf method everything is fine, except I loose my hyperlinks. I have to use the Save to pdf option. Please help me figure this out.
If you have the PDF Maker (it's in the ACROBAT ribbon in Word "Create PDF" button, and is part of the Acrobat installation), that would be your best bet for converting from Word to PDF, in my experiences. If your installation offers that option, give it a try.
I hope this helps.
I have tried that as well. I get the same results, some text that is italicized in word does not come over in italics in the pdf.
Thanks for your input though,
Are you maybe using a peculiar or 'broken' font/typeface? The PDF Maker generally does a good job at keeping the doc's fidelity intact.
I have never had this issue before and I have been doing documentation with word/adobe for over 15 years. Anything is possible in this case. Do you know how I can check that?
In Word, highlight the text that isn't converting properly, and see what typeface is being used. I might also try (after a 'Save As' so you don't mess up your original) to change to a similar typeface and try to make a PDF from that version... just to see how it behaves. Sometimes folks copy text from another source (web, another Word file, etc.) and when they paste it, they keep the formatting of the original, and this can cascade into formatting problems. You might try to turn off the italicization of that text string, and reapply it. Typeface issues can run deep. I will often remove all formatting from inherited content, just so I can put on a clean formatting set without it overwriting what was there before.
The typeface is fine. This happens on freshly typed text. I have noticed that it is happening to certain styles that are built into the word template. That may be the root cause there.
As long as you've done a Save As first, you can experiment away. It does seem like a Word issue from your description. Good luck.
I had the same problem and figured that instead of saving the word file as pdf, print the file and select "Microsoft Print to PDF" from the list of 'printers'. It worked for me.
posting even it's years late, maybe some might still find it helpful
wow i needed this today. thank you!