• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text insertion with comment not working correctly

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Pro, when I add text with the COMMENT tool, the text is inserted below the cursor. I am using macOS 13.1. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a solution?

Please help

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Hi @bferri 

Hope you are doing well, we have the update from the engineering team, as they were able to reproduce the scenario by clicking increase line spacing option multiple times  (option next to Font color).

It got back to normal by clicking decrease line spacing option multiple times as shown in the screenshot below.

Amal_0-1677761674034.png

Let us know how it works for you.

Regards

Amal

Hey! Spread the word and help others by marking the correct answer so future users can benefit from your experience

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bferri 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20314 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Thank you for replying. Let me answer your questions:

This is an issue with all pdf's on different computers. I am using a Mac Mini. One of them is running Moneray and the other is running Ventura. I also just tried it on my MacBook Air running Monteray and got the same result

I tried working with the file locally, but, that did not make a difference

I am using Acrobat version 22.3.20314

I tried to follow the instructions to reset Acrobat, but, I could not find any of the files described in the acticle

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to create a new user profile.

I will say that this issue first appeared when I upgraded to Monteray (Mac OS 12). I was hoping that it would have been solved in OS 13)

Do you have any other suggestions, or, is there another way to reset the Acrobat preferences?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bferri 

We are sorry to hear that. Please test the application in the root account as described here https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012 and see if its working fine there.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

I followed the instructions and the problem was not cleared up. The text insertion behaved the same way when I was logged in as the root user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions provided and the problem persists

Bruce Ferri
[P.I Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bferri 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the issue for a better understanding? Please share the PDF file in question via private message so we can chek it at our end.

Also, please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html   and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud, generate the link, and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I send you a PM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bferri 

Please click on the envelope icon on the top right corner of this page to start a private message.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

I sent you the link to the pdf and movie of my issue a week ago.

Did you receive it?

Are there any questions?

Any suggestions?

Please advise

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bferri 

Sorry for the delayed response.

I have shared the details with the development team for review, will share the update as soon as I get any information. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bferri 

Hope you are doing well, we have the update from the engineering team, as they were able to reproduce the scenario by clicking increase line spacing option multiple times  (option next to Font color).

It got back to normal by clicking decrease line spacing option multiple times as shown in the screenshot below.

Amal_0-1677761674034.png

Let us know how it works for you.

Regards

Amal

Hey! Spread the word and help others by marking the correct answer so future users can benefit from your experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!

That worked. Thank you

I have no idea how that option was clicked that many times and on all of my computers

Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue and this worked, so thank you very much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines