• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text not visible on one device but shows correctly on another device or using another PDF reader

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A created PDF file only shows part of the text when opened using Adobe Acrobat DC on a desktop. 

If opened in a mobile App on IOS its fine. It is also fine if opened using other PDF readers such as FOXIT 

Using the edit tool in DC, I can see the text boxes are actually there and if i select one text box and reapply black (it is orginally black) as the font colour all the text reappears correctly and it shows as it does in the mobile app. 

I thought it might be an installed font issue but it shows correctly elewhere and the font is Times New Roman in many places anyway so it should be fine 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultg3916jmag0xv 

We are sorry to hear that.

Please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer once, and check. Also, update the application to the recent version 22.3.20281 (Mac) or 22.3.20282 (Win), from the help menu and reboot the computer once. 

Is this an issue with a particular file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal
This is a problem specifically with the output from sage 50 accounts “email pdf’ function. However, the file reads ok on the receivers pc if I send the draft but not my pc when I open the draft attachment before sending so the output from sage is ok. The pdf draft file also reads ok if I open the file using another pdf reader.

I have tried repair install and pc reboot.
Tomorrow I will email an invoice to you with a copy of what I see so you can see what I mean

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaultg3916jmag0xv 

Sorry for the delayed response. Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps you are doing and the issue you are experiencing so that we can have a better idea about it.

Also, check for any missing/pending updates for MS Office and try updating it and check if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines