• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text recognition - pages become blank

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're experiencing a problem with scanned documents. When put through Text recognition in Enhance scan in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC random pages become blank that previously had text and / or images on them. The documents were scanned at 300 dpi, we've tried changing the settings for the text recognition but the problem isn't consistent so it's hard to tell what's causing the pages to disappear.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the issue you are facing.

Please try a workaround if that works for you. OCR with different OCR options Searchable Image/Searchable Image Exact/ Editable Text and Images.

Also, please share few details to help us resolve this issue:

- Acrobat version

- Few pages where you are facing this issue(Original page before OCR)

- OCR settings you are using

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lovekesh,

We are using version 2015.017.20050 of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. The sample I tested was scanned at 300 dpi. Text recognition was performed with the default settings; Searchable image, 600 dpi and four pages became blank. When the settings were changed to Searchable image, 300 dpi, one page became blank. With settings Editable text and images, 300 dpi, no pages became blank.

However, on the same sample I ran text recognition with Searchable image, 600 dpi again and only one page disappeared. As the problem is not consistent it is hard to determine an effective workaround so I was hoping to get a better understanding of why the problem occurs.

I wasn't able to attach or insert a PDF to this response, but am happy to send the sample if it is possible to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can share the file using Adobe send:

1. Launch your Application
  2. Switch to Toll Center view and Open Send & Track
  3. Click on “Select Files to Send”
  4. A dialog will open from where you can choose the file/s you want to share
  5. The workflow page will appear with the file/s to be shared prepopulated
  6. Click on Create Link
  7. Your Local files will be uploaded to the Document Cloud and a Public Link will be generated
  8. Share the link with us to send us the Crash dumps

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue: about half the pages go totally blank when I run OCR on a particular file. I happens to be a sharp but low-contrast scan of English and Latin text.

Acrobat Pro 2019.008.20080

scan settings: English (US); searchable image; 600dpi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem - any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having this issue just a moment ago. Solved it by flattening existent layers, "Saving As..." to a new location. Once confirmed that the layers weren't there, produced the OCR version without any page blanking. Seems to have to do with layer mishandling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rommicgar. Could you share with us  how to "flatten existent layers" to solve this issue? Thank you very much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem using Acrobat that some pages of my documents turned into blank after OCR.

The original document consists of pictures, however,I want to copy, highlight, and search the texts in the documents, so I sued the OCR function (in Chinese “文本识别”). However, some pages of my documents turned into blank after that. 

I tried the OCR function for different documents. For some documents, it seems this problem would not occur. But for some documents, particular pages would always turn into blank after I use the OCR function.

I wonder if there is something I can do to fix this problem. Thank you very much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more specific: it was the "Text Recognition" function. There was another post reagarding this issue as well: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/text-recognition-pages-become-blank/td-p/9547177?page=1. But there is no solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've posted a link to the same thread we're in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with an important file even if I performed text recognition several hundred times and never had issues! Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I tried this: I saved the original file as a pdf with a reduced size and then I performed the OCR. In the new file there was no problem with disappearing pages any more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! No blank pages for me after first saving with reduced size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this same problem. Went to settings in OCR before scanning and selected "scan as editable text and image". Problem solved for me.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm scanning in a lot of documents. I'm having a smiliar issue with larger newspapers. When I run OCR it reduces the image size to a thumbnail. I tried shrinking file size and that worked for one, but not the next. I tried chaning the dpi and that didn't work. So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So instead I chose "Enhance," making sure the "Recognize Text" box is checked. That way it does not affect the images, and I assume the text recognition is the same quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines