• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The document could not be printed - There were no pages selected to print

Participant ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, since a few days I can't print PDF files with Acrobat XI (11.0.07).

I have tried to print with my own and with external PDF files. With secured and unsecured files. No way.

I see this 2 error windows

• The document could not be printed
  • There were no pages selected to print

I can print the PDF files with Apple Preview without any problems.

I can also print the same PDF files with my browser (Google Chome)

But I can't print with Acrobat Pro.

Joerg

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

After re-installing my system, Acrobat is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

I have solved this on my  IMac

On your Mac, choose Apple menu

> System Settings, click General

in the sidebar, then click Sharing on the right. (You may need to scroll down.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joerg,

It could be the Enhanced Security preferences in Acrobat that is causing this error. Please choose Acrobat > Preferences (Mac OS) or File > Preferences (Windows) and click the Security (Enhanced) category. Deselect Enable Enhanced Security, and then try to print the file.

Let us know how it goes!

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sara,

No, I've deselected the "Enable Enhanced Security" and again I see this 2 error windows.

error1.png

error2.png

Best

Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

Any news?

I have de-installed and re-installed Acrobat, but the same, document could not be printed.

Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joerg,

Is the problem is specific to this one file? If so, there may be a problem with the way the PDF was written (that is, it could be damaged). Would you be willing to send the file to me, so I can take a closer look at it? If so, let me know, and I'll send you private message with my email address. (The forums don't accept attachments.)

Best,
Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

I was out of Office yesterday. After the new update 11.0.09 the problem is not gone.

No, there is no specific problem with one file, it happens to every PDF file (generated by myself or external files).

And yes, I can send you a bunch of PDFs if you like to check this out. Please send me a private message.

Thanks

Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

Have nothing heard from you.

Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on my Mac.  Same 2 error windows.  I am running an HP Officejet Pro.  Is it the printer or the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, yes, I have a HP Officejet Pro as well.

But it worked for a long time and from one day to another it stopped printing?? Strange.

I think it is the software. Printer has gotten no changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joerg,

The plot thickens. Both files print without error to my OfficeJet 8600 (with Enhanced Security enabled) from Acrobat Pro 11.0.09.

Have you tried printing these PDFs from Reader (as a test)?

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

So I have installed Adobe Reader and I CAN PRINT on my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus.

But still not from Acrobat.

Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Acrobat and Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After re-installing my system, Acrobat is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "system"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this question as well.  I'm having the exact same problem as described above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11 years later and Adobe users are experiencing the same issue... smh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe going to ignore this issue and never rectify it? Crikey!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I found the solution for OSX.

- I reinstall WITHOUT Case sensitive APFS .... and TADAM !

- I spent a lot of time to solvie this issue, and I don't test all possibilities  (printer name UPPERCASE/lowercase/ ... )

Like Microsoft product, Acrobat product seems to not handle properly case sensitive name.

https://support.office.com/fr-fr/article/les-noms-de-fichiers-et-les-types-de-fichiers-non-valides-d...

Happy new year 2020 | 

Print safely 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance we can get a link to this solution that is in English, not French?

Same issue 11/29/22 Monterrey 12.6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link talks about Microsoft's products not supporting case sensitivity. Here is it in english: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/restrictions-and-limitations-in-onedrive-and-sharepoint-6...

I have the same error message with Acrobat Reader on the latest Mojave and non-case sensitive file system. So this is another issue (printer in my case is a HP color laserjet MFP M180NW). I just got the computer a few weeks ago and this is a brand new install for Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so glad this thread exists because I just had this problem today and unistalling/reinstalling Adobe did the trick. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, going to try to reinstall now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE?! I cannot print from Adobe Acrobat. I receive same message error. I have uninstall and re-installed and no solution. While I'm at it, why is it that if I sign one field then the rest can't be signed and the document locks?! For such a ubiquitous program, there doesn't seem to be substantive fixes. But for sure, you always love to "update" with a new look for the program but the bugs keep getting pushed forward. I cannot express how frustrating it is to be forced to use this program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to work just fine, but recently I mysteriously kept getting those same messages and was unable to print anything. I just uninstalled Acrobat, and then reinstalled it. Problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue for a couple of weeks now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines