• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There was a problem reading this document(117)

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat X.

Yesterday I found some error when I convert DWG(Autocad drawing file)to PDF and tried to open it with acrobat X. But the image dosen't come out to the screen and the message "There was an error processing a Page. There was a problem reading this document(117)" was on the screen. So I Clicked 'OK' with control key to see more information then I got this ununderstandable message. I have no idea what I have to do to solve this problem so I'm asking for help to this community. I will be very happy if you guys help me to get this problem fixed. Thank you:)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To work around that 117 error you can try a few things, like disabling Portected Mode and Enhanced Security (just for troubleshooting purposes), and see if the problem happens again.

A screenshot of what you get would be very helpful and also a brief description of the steps that you were taking when (exporting to) converting the file to PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Illustrator, try opening it there and saving as a PDF. If you created the DWG file, try exporting or saving a PDF directly from your CAD software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I will explain the steps I took and situation I got more specificly.

First I tried to oconvert DWG file to PDF usin Autocad Plot and this is it.

Autocad Plot.PNGThatDWG to PDF is the basic program of autocad. Strangly when I convert DWG to PDF directly with adobe PDF like Photo belowsdfasdfdsa.PNG, there are no error on reading file.

Lastly, This is what I encounter when I open PDF Converted by 'DWG to PDf'toolhjgfjgfjytr.PNG어도비 에러.PNG

If you need more detail description, I will find more information that may help solving problem. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you mean the protected mode of acrobat itself or turning off the security system of window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I apologize

Pretected Mode  for Acrobat and also in MS Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off every security system of MS window and try to open PDF with acrobat but I got the same message just like pictures

I posted above. I think this solution is not appropriate one for my issue.

But I'm very appreciate for your help. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I had the same error 117 with Adobe Acrobat Standard 32 bit.

I had  very large file 17,497 KB generated from Framemaker and when I attempted to replace a picture, the error 117 appears.

I did exactly as suggested :I went to Edit > Preferences > Security (Enhanced) and cleared Enable Protected Mode At Startup. Then, I restarted the application and the error did not appear anymore.

Thanks for the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines