• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There was a RAISE without a handler. The application will now exit.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I am running a macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and everything works fine with my adobe apps. However, after I restart the computer for once (no crash or anything, just a normal restart), I cannot use my acrobat pro DC anymore. It always prompt out "There was a RAISE without a handler. The application will now exit." and then I could do nothing. What's interesting is that if I open the acrobat pro DC and it won't crash and I can still do all the preferences stuff etc. The Error message only occurs when I actually open up a PDF file and start to scroll down the file (Weird enough). I've almost tried every single method I could find on the web, including: reinstall acrobat pro DC, log out and log in again, delete WebLink.acroplugin etc. and None is helpful. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Hey guys, I just solved the issue by deleting the Accessibility.acroplugin in the folder

To be more specific, go to Finder - Applications - Adobe Acrobat DC 

right click the app and choose "show package content'

then Contents - Plugins

Find the one named "Accessibility.acroplugin" and simply delete it.

This applies to macOS, Windows may have a similar route as described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Hi there!

Thanks for your time and patience thus far.

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I just solved the issue by deleting the Accessibility.acroplugin in the folder

To be more specific, go to Finder - Applications - Adobe Acrobat DC 

right click the app and choose "show package content'

then Contents - Plugins

Find the one named "Accessibility.acroplugin" and simply delete it.

This applies to macOS, Windows may have a similar route as described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting dont forget to mark your answer as correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I started to get crazy over this. Now it works! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad it helps! I was also sooooo bothered by this problem. Glad to see it back to normal again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it!!!!!  I did that and can view my pdf documents!  The instuctions was right on the money and not a vauge one that had me searching every Adobe file in the library. Thank you!  When will Adobe update the app so no one needs to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this in any of the Adobe folders. I even searched for the fie using finder. Any other sugesions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and reinstalled adobe.  I have deleted theAccessibility.acroplugin file on my mac, I have checked for updates, and I am still getting the error Raise without a handler.  I am running Mac OS Big Sur ver 11.6.1 and adobe continuous release version 2022  HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I have followed all these steps and continue to get the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this problem with one document today...have followed the above steps and I still have the problem - did you get this resolved ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Followed all the directions and still can't read anything, though I can open Reader.

I'm ready to find something else that will allow me to read pdf files. Suggestions???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from the future,

I too have followed all the steps listed in this thread, but no resolve. Acrobat is now rendered inoperable on Mac OS, Monterey (12.5). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still running Catalina and had the same problem. All my apps are up-to-date. Removing the plugin/folder "Accessibility.acroplugin" seemed to work for me also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is in many places within the Library so you need to be more specific to what folder you're talking about.  Besides Adobe should do an update on this issue as not averyone knows anything about the Library and about the folders you mentioned.  I use the Adobe Reader and mostly use it to read my pdf files.  At first I would get the message and would shut down right after.  When did what I could to uninstall it and reinstall it, it still "knows" me.  I can open the app without a problem, but and when I try to view a pdf file I still get the same Raise message and can view the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on Acrobat in finder (programs), then select show package contents. It's in the folder plugins. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted that folder but the problem persists on my MAc.  This is a new issue - Adobe was working OK for the past year and has only now developed this fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update doesn't help either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sterk,

Thank you for reaching out.

Would you mind sharing your Acrobat and OS versions?

Please let us know if the issue occurs when you launch the application.

Did you make any changes after which it started happening?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Herewith the acrobat and os versions, we have had no changes in the computers, i don't understand it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since updating my late 2015 iMac to OS Monterey 12.4. I'm beginning to panic because I have a client that needs me to make an electronic form ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Thanks for your time and patience thus far.

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking for updates SHOULD found under the preferences than under help. I’ve seen many ask where could they find it; not everyone that uses this program is a pro and know all the ins and outs of it. I followed the instructions from another person in the community that solved the problem, when I did the check up it said that it was all up-to-date so I’m not sure if that did work or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines