• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There was an error during initialization. Failed to load an application resource (internal Error)

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this started after the last update from adobe.  it pops up several times when starting the program or opening a file. I'm running on Windows 10

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Hi All,

We apologize for the delay in response. Sorry to hear that it didn't work with the trouble shooting steps suggested.

As repairing the application installation didn't help, then you may use the cleaner tool to uninstall the application

Win- Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Mac- Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

and then reinstall it.

If it sill doesn't work, then try creating an hidden administrator account and check back.

Regards,

Akanch

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wemco,

Please try the "Repair Installation" that you can find under Acrobat>Help> "Repair Installation".

Also, you may refer to the related thread Failed to load an application resource error in Preferences where similar issue has been addressed and resolved.

Let us know if it still doesn't help.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the repair installation and rebooted per the instructions in the program still generates the error. I looked at the similar issue and it didn't really apply. So I uninstalled Adobe X I, rebooted, and reinstalled. The problem is still there, I believe it may not have done a full on install. If you can fried some additional help I would appreciate it. The programming eventually lets me in but this error pops up like six times when loading the program.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and tried to install again with the same outcome.  Any news on a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologize for the delay in response. Sorry to hear that it didn't work with the trouble shooting steps suggested.

As repairing the application installation didn't help, then you may use the cleaner tool to uninstall the application

Win- Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Mac- Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

and then reinstall it.

If it sill doesn't work, then try creating an hidden administrator account and check back.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The following worked for me:

1. Use the cleaner tool

2. Open Adobe Cloud from the Programs menu by right clicking the icon and choose "Run as adminstrator"

3. Reinstall Adobe Acrobat DC

Error message is gone, gone, gone, gone,.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines