• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

These comments, how do I highlight without these popping up when I upload them in gdrive?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 3.08.28 PM.pngI know highlighting creates comments, but it didn't do that for me until recently. It even removed the colors of the highlights. I have past documents where I've highlighted, and it never created any comments. Is there a way to fix this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @_LostJams26691497t158 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

It is the design behavior of the application to create comments when you highlight any text in the PDF. However, you may control the comment pop-up behavior from the preferences. Go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Commenting > Uncheck everything under Pop up open behavior > Click OK and reboot the application and check.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for responding. I followed the instructions and unchecked everything under pop up then restarted the application. But unfortunately, it's still doing it. As you can see, it even changed the color to a lighter one. Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 10.18.51 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-11-18 at 10.19.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previosuly, did you use Adobe reader or Acrobat to make your highlights? If so, then yes, it made comments for you. 

But if you made your "highlights" using a non-adobe program, prehaps it simply painted a highlight mark over your document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I did use adobe acrobat in my previous documents because it was hard to find other free apps/sites that can edit pdfs as well as acrobat reader. But I just realized that my pdfs were compiled images, not a PowerPoint, that's most likely why it didn't make comments because you need that free-draw highlight thing to highlight text on images. I guess I'll just have to convert my ppt pdf into a pile of images and then back to a pdf format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines