This operation is not allowed, since scanning is in progress

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't having anything scanning and I can't shut down the program.  What can I do?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use task manager or activity monitor or restart your computer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the same message when I try to enhance a file.  I've restarted the computer; shut it down completely for 15 minutes.  Nothing seems to help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used task manager and ended the Adobe program and then I was able to enhance. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it quit working.  Still having problems.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem this date. Tried everything to include multiply re-installs, updates, re-install of the scanner.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF fix this!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Clara and others,

we apologize for not being able to respond to this post. When do you exactly see this message "This operation is not allowed..." which tool you have been working on?

If this message appears during Print or when scanning a document? I found a similar discussion here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/error-this-operation-is-not-allowed-since-scanning-is-in-prog... does your relates to the same? 

If yes, please try the workaround suggested. 

Please share the Acrobat's version you are working with. A few screenshot of the error would be super helpful. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't OCR/ enhance/ select text or compare documents. 
Get this error message. Have tried PDF printing the PDF document to see if printing could remove these errors
Still not lock.  

Adobe Error.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Even after closing the document in question, Acrobat refuses to quit and gives the same message. I don't have a scanner and have never set one up.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac, you can use the Command, Option & Escape keys to force quit an application.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I know that, but it would be nice if this three-year-old issue could ever be resolved and Acrobat didn't go into phantom “scanning in progress” mode.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  Task manager quit and restart does not resolve.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem on macOS v12.3.1 and Acrobat Pro DC 2022.001.20169.

Restart computer and Re-install Acrobat doesn't resolve.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 哲史,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please try reinstalling the application. Remove the application and run the cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html).

Reboot the Mac and then reinstall the application from the following page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html.

Check if that helps.

If the issue persists, please confirm when you get the error message? Does it appear when you use a particular tool or does it appear on using any tool?

Are you experiencing the issue after the recent update or it was there in the last version too?

Would you mind sharing a small screen recording of the issue occurring at your end?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your advice!

I tried it and it goes well!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines