• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbar has switched sides from left to right

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The toolbar that has been on the left side of the app for years has suddenly decided to show up on the right.  Clearly this is some illogical, ill-advised, and not well thought out idea.

We need it fixed and returned to the left side of the screen immediately.

It has beyond ruined our work flow.

The phrase goes, "If it's not broken, don't fix it."  So why did you feel the need to break a perfectly working app?

Until you do fix, how do I get back to an older version of this??

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app does you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, a screen shot may help us understand which of the toolbars you mean. Please include the whole Acrobat window, but no personal info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a subscription and should have Pro DC but not sure that I really do.

Anyway, attached is shot of app.

I recently had to reinstall all my apps on computer and these "new" versions are all wrong.  

As you'll see, on the right is this toolbar.  Until VERY recently, it always appeared on the left.  It is senseless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is indeed Acrobat DC - looks like mine. Ok, so far as I know that toolbar (which was new for Acrobat DC) has always been on the right. There's an entirely separate thing that used to appear at the left - bookmark (table of contents), thumbnails etc. To make that appear, click the narrow bar at the extreme left of the window. You have a similar bar on the right that you can click to make the right toolbar disappear. 

If you are used to an old version of Acrobat, most of the tools that used to be on the top menu have now moved to the right hand toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I know is that until last week, this exact toolbar WAS on the LEFT.  And it's killing me not being there.

Is there any way to go back to and older version like PS offers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly there was something different about your system. But I've never encountered this before. Every version I've run on every system, every screen shot on the forums, every complaint has been about the tools on the right. Adobe even refer to it as the "right hand pane". So, whatever strange thing was happening on your computer, it's now aligned with most of the rest of us... if you find a way, please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fail to believe that is correct in anyway.  It's been on the left for years.  So now ADOBE.... please fix this?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upgrade to DC recently? DC, at least in the English version, has always had the tools on the right. Before that, Acrobat X and XI had toolbars that could be moved or floated.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not as far as I know.  Have been using whatever is in creative cloud for the last 2 years.  And that toolbar was on the left, and only showed up when I clicked a button looking for it.  Not otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the three lines in the upper left handside of Acrobat Pro.  A menu will be displayed.  Select "Disable New Acrobat."  It will ask you to confirm and will need to restart Acrobat.  When it reopens, your Tools will be back on the right!!!  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a 3 line option on the left side.

AT this point I'm just stuck with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to see what you have instead of the 3 line menu (that is, it's just 3 straight lines). Please send a screen shot of your entire Acrobat window, so we can understand what's going on. Please make sure there is no personal info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 1 is just the main page.
Screenshot 2 is when in a document.

I remember for years the page organizer was on the left.
Actually that whole bar was on the left.

No idea why it ever changed, but a LOT of people want to tell me it was
never on the left.

It's just what I remember.
Anyway, no 3 lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tools on the right side are correct.

Since a half year there exists a version with tools on the left side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They didn't used to be there. I swear I've always used the organize pages
on the left.
Like I said, I'm stuck with it now. They'll never change.

*Shannon *

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to revert it. It was explained above in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try resetting the Acrobat preferences settings to default.

See if this guidance is within the context that you are describing:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your panes section on the left is collapsed. Click on the little arrow in the left-center of the window. The panes will open. That is where your Pages pane is located. 

image.png

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On mine, top left, selected "Menu," then saw the disable option.  Ridiculous, it should have stayed the same with an option to "TRY" the new Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it did work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how utterly frustrating that i'm clearly having a different version and
unable to get these things to work. Come on adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send a screenshot of what you're seeing. We can't help if we don't know what you're talking about...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines