Exit

Tools Panel keep resetting to default!

Explorer ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day community,
Please can someone assist.

We have two work station with seperate licenses and we get this problem on both computers.

When you customize Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 32bit tool panel, the tool panel stays customised only for short while then goes back to default. I cannot wrap my head around this and it is driving me crazy having to set it up every day; some times more than once.

Cusomized:

Screenshot 2021-05-05 091043.jpg

Default:

Adobe.JPG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please help us with the following details, as the fiddler logs shared previously could not capture the required information. 

1. Fiddler logs while adding any tool to the favorite list. Need to check below calls :-

(GET https://cloud-asr.acrobat.com/api/aax/users/me/prefs/acrobat HTTP/1.1
PUT https://cloud-asr.acrobat.com/api/aax/users/me/prefs/acrobat HTTP/1.1)

1. Information regarding “sync settings” checkbox i.e. if the checkbox is checked or unchecked? Steps :- Open preferences (Ctrl+K) -> Navigate to Adobe Online Services -> Observe (Provide screenshot)

AkanchhaS_0-1680040978379.png

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you addressed your reply to All: I have no idea—nor should I need to know—what a fiddler log is. In my case, and I am speaking only for myself, I'm not able to find Adobe Online Services from Preferences in any of my CC apps. Nor does the Help menu find it. Can you be more specific than "Navigate to…" please? I'd love to help in any way I can to get this bug fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above, exactly!!!

BTW, what hope do we have...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Today, the menu is loading properly and I can find Adobe Online Services. Yes, "Sync preferences across devices and documeScreenshot 2023-03-29 145432.jpgnt services" is checked. For what it's worth, my custom tools haven't reset in a few days. //eye roll//

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we send the log links to the same email address we previously used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You send them to the email address that originally contacted you and sent you the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@G&S Signs @Stab2k 

Yes, please! To the same email shared previously. It would be a great help!

~Akancha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing well.

Can someone please confirm if you continue to experience the same issue or it has been resolved with the last patch released? 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost my custom Tools panel again just this week. SO aggravating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gillianAWWA 

Can you share the current version of Acrobat installed? Open Acrobat>help>About Acrobat Pro

We have received confirmation from a couple of users that the issue disappeared with April's (and later) patch of Acrobat.

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@akanchhas  Vers. 2023.001.20174 | 64-bit -- hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the June 7 update this is an issue I now share (AcrobatPro 32-bit) - the toolbar set up is resetting to default multiple times. Seems to be when I open the program, or if the program remains open for a long period. I've changed it at least 7 times this morning, but it just won't stick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gillianAWWA @mlstechwriter71 Thanks for sharing the update.

Since this issue was resolved with the last update, it seems to be started happening. I request you to please share the Fiddler logs with us for further investigation and to identify the root cause of the issue. It would be a great help!

How to share the fiddler logs, for that I have sent a private message. Please check.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue for about the last 5-7 years on every PC I've used Acrobat on. I count about 6 PCs. It's very frustrating to not be able to rely on your tools panel having the proper tools easily accessible for your workflow. Why is it all other Adobe software can have custom workspaces that are easy to set up and keep, but Acrobat cannot?

Acrobat seems to have gone downhill over the past few years. I used to script a lot of PDF forms, and in 2021 Acrobat stopped opening script editors such as Sublime and Visual Studio even though it was set to do so. A lot of people had that issue as well. I'm not sure that issue has been fixed either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...such a pain in the a$$

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has literally been going on for years. Every now and then I check back to see if Adobe has actually done anything about it, and every time I'm shocked (I don't know why).  

Might as well remove the ability to change the toolbar at this point and just call it fixed. All it does is give the false impression that I will be able to customize it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is DEFINITELY tied to updates.  Both our design station and production station had Creative Cloud updates and Acrobat was one of them.  BOTH computers had their panels reset.  GRRRRRRRR!  (Threw my production guy off.  First time he's seen it happen.  NEWB, lol!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @G&S Signs @andrewc74267665 @Dmitri5CE5 

This issue was reported with the Classic view of Acrobat, and later it was resolved. Since we have moved to Modern Viewer, it's expected not to be reset automatically.  

If you continue to experience the same issue of the tool panel resetting to default, please help us with the following details as soon as possible. We'll highlight it to our engineering and log a bug if required. :

1- Screenshot of Acrobat version

2- OS version

3- Collect Fiddler logs and share them with us. [How to share fiddler logs, please check the steps in Inbox]

If it is okay, can we set up a call with engineering? The team may be able to investigate and find the root cause of the call. Also, clear repro steps from your machine.

Thanks,

Akancha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Modern viewer" could be worse for other things though so I hope that isn't your only solution Adobe... for example, the last time it auto-set me to that version, the Action Wizard tool wasn't available at all (greyed out/no actions) so I had to switch back to classic. Not having that tool function anymore would be far worse than having to reset all my tools again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same issue, version 2023.006.20320. I notice I do not see the sync setting mentioned, is that because of a different version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since that update, no resets.  So the last time was SPECIFICALLY caused by the update.  I had a suspicion that was A cause but not the ONLY cause.  The other "causes" (whatever they were) appear to have been resolved.  It took quite a long time but THANKS Adobe support for making it happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's BAAAAAAACK!  Just a quick FYI Adobe, the tools sidebar reset sometime between yesterday and today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all - my original post on here was in Oct 2022, and I can't explain how or why, but I literally have not had my Tools reset since that day. (Knocking on all the woods!) It's the longest stretch of this glorious functionality I've ever had. I do have my Online preferences setup to Sync across devices per Adobe support's latest suggestion, but I'm pretty that's always been checked for us. Plus that solution was offered months after my original complaint... so I'm not sure if one of their updates patched something to make that checkbox finally solve something, or if I've just hit a lucky streak after posting that's eventually going to break again now that I'm comfortable. But for what it's worth, maybe there's hope for your sanity too. Good luck to us all! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We appreciate @DawnyK taking the time to update your old discussion and share your findings with us.

Per our engineering team, this issue has been fixed with our May release. So, it shouldn't be causing any trouble with the classic viewer.

Also, 's whole new Acrobat has been rolled out which is called Acrobat New View. 

Please do keep us informed if you happen to see a similar issue with the new Acrobat.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 PCs, I run classic view, and this problem has not been fixed. Just happened AGAIN, which is why I went looking for a fix. I remove 5 tools, add 2, and it goes back to default at least weekly. I have "sync preferences across devices and document services" checked on both devices and have had for months. Sn annoying that I have to pay a premium price for this software (I have to have it for work) for this to happen all the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines