• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tooltip and Draw Tools

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Using Adobe Acrobat Pro > PDF version 1.6(Acrobat 7.x) per properties. I was modifying a form that we only have on PDF at this point (no source document) and wanting to add colors into the forms background. I added color rectangles using comment > drawing tools. Once I do this, my tooltips in my form fields are not showing up with those fields surrounded by the color rectangle. The tooltips work fine without the rectangle shapes inserted. 

My question is sort of two-fold: 

1) Is there another way of adding color rectangles behind form sections that I should be using - google kept pointing me to the drawing tools in comments

2) How can I make tooltips show up while also having these color rectangles in the background. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Drawing markups and form fields are annotation objects that overlay the page content. Markups tend to be drawn on top of form fields. 

To add something behind the annotations, it has to be added to the content. Use the Layers, background, or watermark tools. You can also use the drawing annotations and flatten them into the content, but you'll need a selective flattening tool. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines