Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble printing adobe .pdf files on google chrome

Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I receive a  attachment that was .pdf I was given option of "View" or "download" email attahchments, since I normally print black and white documents etc I usually hit "view" then print, the last couple of days however all the attachments aere in a new box with the adobe logo and I have trouble opening or printing them, I dont know if this was from a system change or what,

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willy,

This is unexpected behavior. But perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome may do the trick?

Let me know the outcome!

Kindest regards, Stacy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Stacey but I don't think it is a "Chrome

" issue, I think I must have updated the adobe reader or something because

of the way the information presents itself, I may have inadervantly changed

something , will try and see how it works,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willy,

The current version of Chrome doesn't use the Adobe Reader to display PDF files. When you hover your mouse over the bottom left area of the browser screen, you should see the icons that allow you to save and/or print a file.

Let me know!

Stacy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks will give it a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Chrome uses it own PDF viewer and even allow some buttons to work, such as a Button to click to go to another URL. That won't even hapen in Adobe plugins Or the Pdf viewer Plugin by Schubert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really excellent points Phillip, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is happening to me too. It is fairly new to me, but I am unable to print PDF forms from Chrome. There is not even a method to do so.  I am looking through the previous posts, and nothing on there solves this problem.  Is there anything I can do outside of using a different browser?

Thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was having the same problem and thought that it was a printer issue.  However, I now find that I can print pdf if I use Google Chrome but not with regular Google.  So, try Google Chrome and perhaps that will resolve this problem.  Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chrome will without using Reader or Acrobat (their own viewer) allow you to even fill out forms on a Mac where neither, Safari, FireFox, SeaMonkey or any other browsers will. (Of Course there is no IE version for Mac and thank goodness they don't. Even MS is recommending until they get a bug fixed not to use IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My PDF prints on google chrome but NOT (anymore...) on regular Google. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this is a very old thread, but here's my observation.  I provide IT support for over 100 people in 4 office locations and nothing infuriates me more than Adobe products. For years on multiple platforms, I always have problems reliably printing with browsers that use PDF previews/Web-embedded PDF's (particularly in Google Chrome, but also Safari and others).  When it comes to printing, most attempts to print the PDF directly from the browser always fail or only process the job partially.  90% of the users I support are completely computer illiterate, despite my best efforts to educate them (I train, I create user guides and walk-through's), they look at me with blank stares as soon as I try to explain the problem and offer the solution.

The solution I've found, is to save the PDF to the computer and open it through Acrobat Reader directly.  This almost always resolves the printing issues.  The frustrating part of this is that my user base just does not understand or they complain about the extra steps involved to make it work. There's nothing special about the environment they are using.  We have commercial copier/printers ranging from Kyocera, Canon, HP, Lexmark and Brother - with lots of memory and a solid Gigabit LAN infrastructure that I know isn't involved with the behavior I am seeing, yet this problem persists across all devices. I would LOVE, LOVE LOVE for Adobe/Google/other browser companies to just make printing from the preview work!! It's been a problem for years and years, I've never had as many problems with software as I have with web-embedded PDF's and printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Infuriating yes, but let's give credit where it's due since you are aiming at Adobe products: things changed since this thread started. Adobe used to offer an add on for viewing/printing PDF files in Chrome. Google blocked it, in favour of their own technology. So any problems now with viewing/printing PDF files in Chrome is 100% Google's issue. Your work around is now recommended for everyone - to get the PDF files out and into Adobe technology. That said, I often print PDF files from Chome and it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyway you can help me? im having this same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I took a while to solve this out...

1- On google chrome go to "settings"

2- type "pdf" on the search bar that just popped up

3- open the menu that is highlighted 

4- turn off the option "transfer the pdf file instead of opening them up on chrome" (I don't know if these are the exact words since I use chrome in another language)

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FINALLY A SOLUTION, THANK YOU Alain0D4D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines