• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with new Adobe Acrobat Interface

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with Adobe Acrobat PDF files since it first came out as a file format... not to date myself. I have to say this latest user interface is the worst. I typically do NOT complain about software and even suggest people use 'real' Acrobat over third-party substitutes. The re-learning curve is steep and has wrecked all my efficiencies I had built up, at work.

Here is a screen capture of the version I have installed:

Capture350_Acrobat.JPG

I need help with modifying the interface. I'm hoping someone can advise/help, and I'm going to start with the request on how to modify the 'tool column' on the left had side of the screen. I've got a second screen capture below, and I've copy-pasted the text I have in that screen capture, as follows:

"I preferred this to be on the right-hand side like it used to be, but I’ll ignore that for now.

I’d like it to return to the days when the column of tools could be re-sized... right now, one can only click the ‘x’ for open or closed, and thus it uses up way too much screen real estate, not to mention one ‘looses’ use of the tool when you click ‘x’ to close it to get back more screen real estate. 1

I’d like to return the days when I could add/remove shortcuts to the tool bar - how do I do that now? I can’t figure it out. That list is way too long - typically I use about half-dozen of the tools.

How do I turn off the display of that floaty tool bar? I want it gone from the screen - again, takes up screen real estate. 2"

Capture351_Acrobat.JPG

Many thank in advance to anyone who can help bring about these 'corrections' ... is what I would call them. 

Cheers,

Kristine

P.S. Message to Adobe: To re-iterate, I REALLY do NOT like this new interface at all, Adobe 😞

P.S..S. It has occurred to me that perhaps Adobe is attempting to bring Acrobat 'inline' with all its other applications, as far as user interface is concerned.  However, Adobe, if it's not broke, why fix it??? If you want to bring in new features like the AI Assistant, etc., fine, but leave the interface alone... it was working well. I'm now having challenges with simple tasks like printing, just to name one example, I keep doing THAT wrong... I could go on and on about the negatives of this new fangled version.... blech.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Modern Acrobat , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @kgriba ,

Try to go to Menu > Disable New Acrobat

Chris486_0-1708784619155.png

Let us know if that helps get your view back how you had it before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris 486  Thank you for your reply; however, I view disbaling the new interface as a temporary solution because eventually, we will all be forced to use the new interface anyway. It's only a matter of time.

Given that, instead I am choosing to take my lumps now because tax season is fast appraoching (I work at an accounting firm) and I need the speed with which I used to use Acrobat, to return ASAP and before tax season hits. If I had to re-learn Acrobat during tax season, I don't think I could cope with that stress. As a consequence, my preference is to "take my lumps now" to reduce the chance of any further trouble at a critical time.

At any rate, thank you again for taking to the time reply.

Best,

Kristine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @kgriba, there is a very long line ahead of you with your dislike of the new interface. At this point, Adobe is still heading straight off the cliff with this new interface despite being essentially universally disliked. You are very correct that once Adobe feels they've solved all the problems, the link to the previous interface will be cut off.

All I can suggest at this point is to go to:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t...

Create a new user for yourself and continue the list of folks who do not want this to continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @gary_sc, at peresent I'm logged in under a second Acrobat account that I have here replying to your reply... I've clicked the link to submit my upvote to the post, "Ditch the 2023 User Interface in Acrobat."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris 486  Thank you for your reply; however, I view disbaling the new interface as a temporary solution because eventually, we will all be forced to use the new interface anyway. It's only a matter of time.

By @kgriba

You may be right with that, however, the solution is, for the moment, still available. As long as it is, you can use the old interface during stressing moments, and try with the new interface during calmer moments.

And make sure to get your voice heart on Uservoice, as suggested by @gary_sc.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Abambo , done! My upvote is in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines