• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to Install Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on new PC - Update required error

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2015 release of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC that I have been running on my old PC.  Just bought a new one and it won't install on Windows 11 using Edge. I get an error stating that my browser or OS is not longer supported.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

That's correct. Acrobat 2015 is not officially compatible with Windows 11. It might work, or it might not.

Your best chance is to run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS version, like Windows 8. Also, make sure to install all available updates for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tim22672719gkg6, Where are you trying to download and install it from? Have you tried another browser, such as Chrome or Firefox? If you originally purchased your copy as a digital download, you should still be able to access the download from your account on Adobe's website if you are logged into with your Adobe ID. 

But note that it's possible 2015 won't install on Windows 11. See here: Can I run my Adobe apps in Windows 11?

If you originally downloaded an installable (.exe) file directly to your old machine, and you still have your Product Key handy, you may be able to copy that over and install it directly. It could still be in your "Downloads" folder or some other directory where you saved it. But I'm not sure if this will work with a DC Pro 2015 release.

You also might find more information in this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-2015-full-version-download/td-p/9508600. Let us know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the dvd that I purchased, no download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct. Acrobat 2015 is not officially compatible with Windows 11. It might work, or it might not.

Your best chance is to run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS version, like Windows 8. Also, make sure to install all available updates for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you update it when it won't run in order to open it; it says it requires an update per https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/update-operating-system-and-browser.html      "

If your organization isnā€™t able to turn off compatibility mode, you can create a per-product exception using the registry keys below. The example below will force Acrobat into Internet Explorer 11 mode; you can add additional keys for other Adobe products as needed. 

Download the file with the registry entries below.

DOWNLOAD"       

But that just opens another browser page with text concerning registry changes, it doesn't include instructions about actually installing it.

I think everyone who has paid for a DVD version of Adobe is out the money they have spent on it. Adobe has screwed us all, trying to force us into paying a monthly tax for using a program we have already purchased.

Thank you for your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe = steal from people. I too have a "licence" which is now useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Daniel. Couldn't agree with you more. Adobe will not get another dollar from me. My pdf needs are fairly simple, and there are plenty of alternatives out there at a fraction of what I'd shell out for Adobe.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe is the most deceptive, manipulative and exploitive software company on earth. The have stolen hundreds of dollars from me and all my purchases are useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines