• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Copy/Paste in Acrobat Standard 2020 (tools are greyed out)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a desktop version of Acrobat Standard 2020 and the edit tools to copy/paste are greyed out (so I can't copy or paste pages or content).  As far as I can tell, the document I am working in is not locked in any way.  It seems like this simple toolset should be accessible in Acrobat Standard?  Thanks - TW

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with every PDF or just with that one?

If you have the PDF opened in Acrobat,  right-click on any area of the working space and select from the context menu "Document Properties".

You can access it through the File Menu as well:

Go to the Security tab and confirm what that document allows to do or doesn't allow.

If you already did this, and there are not restrictions, disregard.

You may also want to look into the PDF Maker version and which program was used as the source document to produce that PDF.

However, if you're not getting any messages to activate your subscription, can you verify if your desktop version is not requiring access to online content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Thanks for the reply.  I seem to get the same results regardless of the file.  I checked the file properties and there are no apparent security restrictions (and all fields are marked "Allowed").  My main interest was trying to copy multiple versions of the same page within a document.  When I right click on a page in the thumbnail view, I do not see an option for "copy page" (see attachment for options).  It seems like "copy page" should be there as well.  My convoluted work-around is to rename as a separate file, and then repeatedly "insert from file" as needed.  

Should I be able to copy pages within Acrobat Standard 2020?  Seems like it.  Thanks again - TW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The copy page option in thumbnal view is executed with a keyboard and mouse gesture combination.

Press the "CTRL" key in your keyboard and keep it pressed while doing a Left-click  with your pointing device on the thumbnail that you want to copy; also keep the left button of your pointing device pressed  as you  drag the thumbnail page.

You'll notice that the selected thumbnail will be highlighted in blue indicating that it is selected.

You'll also notice a little blue bar indicator that will become visible as you drag the thumbnail around the thumbnail workspace; release the left button and CTRL key and it will be copied.

Let us know if this helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Thanks for the reply, and yes I was able to copy and paste pages using that method.  It's not as obvious how to get there as I would have expected, but I'm glad to see that it is a viable action.  Thanks again - TW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines