I am unable to remove all of the Digital ID Files created in Adobe Pro DC, Adobe Reader, Adobe X. I get the following warning "Removing a digital ID is only permitted if the ID was created by Adobe Reader or Acrobat version 8.0 or later". I created these digital IDs in Adobe X and Adobe Pro DC. I have searched in the Adobe Support Communitty for a solution but there's no luck in finding the right answer.
As shared above, while deleting Digital IDs you are receiving following error message- "Removing a digital ID is only permitted if the ID was created by Adobe Reader or Acrobat version 8.0 or later" However, those IDs were created by you within Acrobat DC and Acrobat X. In that case there shouldn't be any problem deleting the IDs, unless you are locating the correct pxf file.
Please check this help article and follow the exact same steps :
Option 1: Remove Digital ID from Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat These steps will guide you to remove Digital ID in Acrobat Pro Preferences.
1. In Adobe Acrobat, click on Edit – Preferences.
2. Choose Signatures in the left categories, and click “More” after Identities & Trusted Certificates.
3. Click Digital ID, and you can see what they are. Select the digital ID you want to remove. Then click Remove ID.
remove digital ID
Option 2: Delete Digital ID File in Acrobat Pro Preferences or from Computer File Route 1. Expand the tree view under Digital IDs and then select Digital ID Files.
remove digital ID file
2. Highlight the file name on the list box on the rights.
3. Click the Detach File button on the Security Settings dialog toolbar.
Or delete digital ID file in computer:
1. Click Start, and open Computer. Turn to digital ID file route.
Generally it is located here: C:\Users\isunshare\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\11.0\Security
delete digital ID file
2. Find the .pfx file named digital ID. And delete it from computer.
Let us know if it still doesn't let you deleting Digital IDs.