• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Extract page

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go to organize pages > Select a page > click on Extract, a blank page populates instead of the selected page. I have tried to run a repair on adobe and check for updates, any other ideas?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the page you are trying to extract contains only form fields? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually a scanned PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If stuff like this happens, there are two potential reasons: A bug in Acrobat (which is rare, but happens), and a problem with the PDF file (much more common). You said that this is a scanned PDF file. Was the file generated by a scanner, or scanner software directly, without support from Acrobat? If so, I would tend to blame the PDF file. 

There are several things I would try: Do a Save As in Acrobat. and then open the new file. Does that behave differently? Run the "Auto Tag" function in Acrobat. That has corrected some problems for me in the past, but I doubt that it would do much in this case. Try to export just the image from Acrobat and import again into Acrobat and then export the resulting page. Another option would be to save this one page as image (this is different from exporting the images) with a lossless compression method and a high enough resolution (e.g. TIFF at 600dpi) and then import this image again into Acrobat to create a new PDF file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines