Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Acrobat Patch 9.2 on Mac

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2009 Oct 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case ID: 181226045

Customer is unable to install the Patch 9.2 for Acrobat 9.

Following are notes from customer:

Downloaded 9.2 patch. When attempting to install, message box said original software had been altered in some way and that patch cou
ldn't be installed. I have no idea how software was altered.  Works fine right now. Would prefer not to have to reinstall.

OS is Snow Leopard
Operating System: Macintosh
Has it ever worked? If so, what's changed? (provide comments in description field): Not Applicable
Same results with different file?: Not Applicable
Same results with different computer?: No
Recent System Hardware or Software change?: Yes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 170 Replies 170
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your log files, it is really critical in diagnosing this problem.  Although it is strange because all of your log files indicate that the patch was successful.  I'm wondering if you see any additional log files in the same folder, named "920"?  In order to properly diagnose the problem, it is important to get all six of the log files:

Log files for 9.2:

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat/AcroProUpd920_all0.log

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat/AcroProUpd920_all1.log

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat/AcroProUpd920_all2.log

Log files for 9.1.x:

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat/Acrobat9ProPatch0.log

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat/Acrobat9ProPatch1.log

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat/Acrobat9ProPatch2.log

I believe you can zip them all together and provide the .zip file as an attachment.

Thanks everyone so much for your patience while we investigate this issue,

-Kirsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the log files from my PPC, OS 10.4.11, CS4 suite:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirsten:

Here's a screenshot of my /users/Library/Adobe/Acrobat directory, along with

the 2 log files I found.

Thanks for the assistance.

Aloha, David Talisman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kirsten,

Actually I was successful on my last attempt to install the 9.2 update. It indicated failure, but when I checked the About box in Acrobat, it said 9.2.

Perhaps this was because earlier I updated Adobe Reader to 9.2 (new installation).

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2009 Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my native log files:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to post them from an email account. I'm not sure this is possible. You will need to go to the web and probably need to make the files into a .zip archive to post them. They are not showing up in any of the posts you have made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we need to resend all the logs and information that was provided to Craig previously?  I previously sent logs, checksum info for all of the Acrobat files, version info and specific files to Craig.  Is this needed again?

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd,

Unfortunately, as Craig previously mentioned he is no longer with Adobe, so we do not have access to any information contained in any private messages you may have sent him previously.  I know it is really frustrating, but we will need to collect your information one more time.

We are currently working on a hypothesis that something may have gone wrong with the previous 9.1.0 patch, and that problem may be causing the issue with the 9.2.0 patch.  We believe that the following may fix the issue, but if not it will hopefully provide the key piece of information that we need to figure out the cause of the problem.

1. Uninstall Acrobat 9 (It is possible that your Uninstaller may not work at this point if you have a version mismatch between the Uninstaller and the Acrobat application...in this case, simply delete the Acrobat 9 folder)

2. Reinstall Acrobat 9.0

3. Download the Acrobat 9.1.0 patch from www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/ (Select "Acrobat - Macintosh" and then click the "Adobe Acrobat 9.1 Pro and Standard update - multiple languages" link to download the 9.1.0 patch)

4. Install the 9.1.0 patch that was downloaded in step 3

5. Copy all three 9.1.0 log files to the Desktop:

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat/Acrobat9ProPatch0.log

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat/Acrobat9ProPatch1.log

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat/Acrobat9ProPatch2.log

6. Launch Acrobat, select Help | Check for Updates, and apply the 9.2.0 update as before

7. If the 9.2 update still fails, please send me the three log files for 9.1.0 that you copied to the Desktop in step 5, as well as the three log files for 9.2.0:

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat/AcroProUpd920_all0.log

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat/AcroProUpd920_all1.log

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/Acrobat/AcroProUpd920_all2.log

As Larry suggests, you will need to log in to the forums website in order for your attachments to be received.  Attaching them from your mail client doesn't seem to be working.

Again, thank you all so much for your patience.

-Kirsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the files I collected in private messages, along with a simple program I wrote to do a comparison of files between two different installations (based on a cksum of all files in a bundle) are on my old machine. If you still have access to that, Kirsten, you might find my files on one of the disks. I did not have time to catalog the files before I left the office though.

Best of luck.

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Kirsten,

I did exactly what you suggested in your last message and I could install the 9.2.0 update.

Many thanks for looking into this and for finding a solution.

Gio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a list of all the files installed by Acrobat so the installation can be cleaned-up manually?

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No not specifically but  go to Finder choose find file from File menu and type Acrobat first.

move all items to Trash that are listed.

Next go back find file this time type in Adobe. This time remove any items associated with acrobat.

most items will be in username > Library > Application Support > Adobe.

and there will be some in username > Library > preferences remove preference an .plist items as well.

Do not touch your PDF's.

then use the list given above of all the updates and install Acrobat 9.0 first then each of the updates. I had to do it myself when I upgraded to 9.2.0 on OSX.4.11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2009 Dec 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirsten:

Since I never heard back from my original response to you, I'll try again as I'm sure you are quite busy... Since this is already about a 4 month fiasco, another few days or week really doesn't mean so much hehe...At least I can use Adobe Acrobat Pro 9(V9.0.0 even if it is a security nightmare and 4 versions behind haha.  I still have Acrobat Pro 9.0.0 installed and cannot update to v 9.1 or any other update.   Yes, it's really 9.0.0...I have doubled check it.

I'm stuck at this version and have been for a while now.  I'm now sending you the 3 log files again as you requested in the hopes that you can find some sort of miracle to get me out of what is seeming more and more like a Twilight Zone episode hahaha... Thank you in advance for any assistance that can hopefully provide a real solution to this absolutely frustrating and annoying issue.

aloha, David Talisman

Okay..let's try this again...

Here's the 1st log -from Aug 21, 2009(Acrobat 9 Pro Patch0.log)

Executing ApplyOperation.py for payload: 0
Start Time-   08/21/09  10:12:31
/bin/mkdir -p -m 775 '/tmp/AdobePatch/8095/backup'
/usr/bin/ditto -x -rsrcFork '/Users/david/Library/Caches/Adobe/Updater6/acrobat9pro-en_US/Acrobat 9 Pro Patch.app/Contents/Resources/payload0.cpio.gz' '/tmp/AdobePatch/8095'
stat -f %Su '/Users/david/Library/Application Support/Adobe'
owner: david
cmd stat: 0
stat -f %Su '/Users/david/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat'
Processing entry 1 of manifest
OpCode : 'Overwrite'
Writing Backup Command
Creating backup
/usr/bin/ditto -rsrc "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Info.plist" '/tmp/AdobePatch/8095/backup/AcroProUpd913_all1'
/usr/bin/defaults write '/tmp/AdobePatch/8095/backup/undoFile' Fileset -array-add "{ "OpCode" = Overwrite; "TargetPath" = 'Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents'; "IsFolder" = 'False'; "PatchFileName" = 'AcroProUpd913_all1'; "ObjectName" = 'Info.plist'; "OrigChecksum" = ''; "FinalChecksum" = ''; "LangID" = 'mul'; "UserID" = ''; "GroupID" = ''; "Perms" = ''; }"
/usr/bin/ditto -rsrcFork "/tmp/AdobePatch/8095/payload/AcroProUpd913_all1" "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Info.plist"
/bin/chmod -R 0775 "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Info.plist"
/usr/sbin/chown -R :admin "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Info.plist"
Processing entry 2 of manifest
Writing Backup Command
Creating backup
/usr/bin/ditto -cz --keepParent -rsrcFork "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/AuthPlayLib.bundle" '/tmp/AdobePatch/8095/backup/AcroProUpd913_all2.cpio'
/usr/bin/defaults write '/tmp/AdobePatch/8095/backup/undoFile' Fileset -array-add "{ "OpCode" = Overwrite; "TargetPath" = 'Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks'; "IsFolder" = 'True'; "PatchFileName" = 'AcroProUpd913_all2.cpio'; "ObjectName" = 'AuthPlayLib.bundle'; "OrigChecksum" = ''; "FinalChecksum" = ''; "LangID" = 'mul'; "UserID" = ''; "GroupID" = ''; "Perms" = ''; }"
/usr/bin/ditto -x "/tmp/AdobePatch/8095/payload/AcroProUpd913_all2.cpio" "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks"
/bin/chmod -R 0775 "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/AuthPlayLib.bundle"
/usr/sbin/chown -R :admin "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/AuthPlayLib.bundle"
Processing entry 3 of manifest
Writing Backup Command
Creating backup
/usr/bin/ditto -rsrc "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Resources/timestamp.xml" '/tmp/AdobePatch/8095/backup/AcroProUpd913_all3'
/usr/bin/defaults write '/tmp/AdobePatch/8095/backup/undoFile' Fileset -array-add "{ "OpCode" = Overwrite; "TargetPath" = 'Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Resources'; "IsFolder" = 'False'; "PatchFileName" = 'AcroProUpd913_all3'; "ObjectName" = 'timestamp.xml'; "OrigChecksum" = ''; "FinalChecksum" = ''; "LangID" = 'mul'; "UserID" = ''; "GroupID" = ''; "Perms" = ''; }"
/usr/bin/ditto -rsrcFork "/tmp/AdobePatch/8095/payload/AcroProUpd913_all3" "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Resources/timestamp.xml"
/bin/chmod -R 0775 "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Resources/timestamp.xml"
/usr/sbin/chown -R :admin "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Resources/timestamp.xml"
Return Value is Success

Here's the second log - Acrobat 9 Pro Patch1.log - Aug 21, 2009

Executing ApplyOperation.py for payload: 1
Start Time-   08/21/09  10:12:31
/bin/mkdir -p -m 775 '/tmp/AdobePatch/8082/backup'
/usr/bin/ditto -x -rsrcFork '/Users/david/Library/Caches/Adobe/Updater6/acrobat9pro-en_US/Acrobat 9 Pro Patch.app/Contents/Resources/payload1.cpio.gz' '/tmp/AdobePatch/8082'
Writing Backup Command
Creating backup
/usr/bin/ditto -rsrc "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Info.plist" '/tmp/AdobePatch/8082/backup/AcroProUpd913_all1'
/usr/bin/defaults write '/tmp/AdobePatch/8082/backup/undoFile' Fileset -array-add "{ "OpCode" = Overwrite; "TargetPath" = 'Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents'; "IsFolder" = 'False'; "PatchFileName" = 'AcroProUpd913_all1'; "ObjectName" = 'Info.plist'; "OrigChecksum" = ''; "FinalChecksum" = ''; "LangID" = 'mul'; "UserID" = ''; "GroupID" = ''; "Perms" = ''; }"
/usr/bin/ditto -rsrcFork "/tmp/AdobePatch/8082/payload/AcroProUpd913_all1" "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Info.plist"
/bin/chmod -R 0775 "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Info.plist"
/usr/sbin/chown -R :admin "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Info.plist"
Return Value is Success

Here's the 3rd log file - Acrobat 9 Pro Patch2.log - Aug 21, 2009.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2009 Dec 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Both of the logs you provided indicate that the update was successful.  Can you please provide the Acrobat 9 Pro Patch2.log file?  I need to know the exact failure message in order to determine what your problem is.

Does it work for you to download and install the 9.1.0 patch from adobe.com?

Thanks,

-Kirsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirsten:

the Acrobat 9 Pro Patch2.log file is in this post and uploaded as a pdf.  I hope this helps.

I cannot update to 9.1.0 either using the auto update function or by downloading the patch..

thanks for the assistance.

aloha, David

Executing ApplyOperation.py for payload: 2
Start Time- 08/21/09 10:10:53
/bin/mkdir -p -m 775 '/tmp/AdobePatch/3287/backup'
/usr/bin/ditto -x -rsrcFork '/Users/david/Library/Caches/Adobe/Updater6/acrobat9pro-en_US/Acrobat 9 Pro Patch.app/
Contents/Resources/payload2.cpio.gz' '/tmp/AdobePatch/3287'
OpCode : 'Update'
Creating backup
/usr/bin/ditto -rsrc "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Info.plist" '/tmp/
AdobePatch/3287/backup/AcroProUpd910_all1'
Writing Backup Command
/usr/bin/defaults write '/tmp/AdobePatch/3287/backup/undoFile' Fileset -array-add "{ "OpCode" = Overwrite;
"TargetPath" = 'Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents'; "IsFolder" = 'False'; "PatchFileName" = 'AcroProUpd910_all1';
"ObjectName" = 'Info.plist'; "OrigChecksum" = '540179495'; "FinalChecksum" = '2684149002'; "LangID" = 'mul'; "UserID"
= ''; "GroupID" = ''; "Perms" = ''; }"
/usr/bin/bspatch "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Info.plist" "/Applications/Adobe
Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Info.plist" '/tmp/AdobePatch/3287/payload/AcroProUpd910_all1'
Processing entry 2 of manifest
Creating backup
/usr/bin/ditto -rsrc "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/Acrobat Uninstaller"
'/tmp/AdobePatch/3287/backup/AcroProUpd910_all2'
Writing Backup Command
/usr/bin/defaults write '/tmp/AdobePatch/3287/backup/undoFile' Fileset -array-add "{ "OpCode" = Overwrite;
"TargetPath" = 'Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS'; "IsFolder" = 'False'; "PatchFileName" =
'AcroProUpd910_all2'; "ObjectName" = 'Acrobat Uninstaller'; "OrigChecksum" = '2924564744'; "FinalChecksum" =
'3195242381'; "LangID" = 'mul'; "UserID" = ''; "GroupID" = ''; "Perms" = ''; }"
/usr/bin/bspatch "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/Acrobat Uninstaller" "/
Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/Acrobat Uninstaller" '/tmp/AdobePatch/3287/
payload/AcroProUpd910_all2'
Processing entry 3 of manifest
Creating backup
/usr/bin/ditto -rsrc "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/adobe_caps.dylib" '/
tmp/AdobePatch/3287/backup/AcroProUpd910_all3'
Writing Backup Command
"TargetPath" = 'Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS'; "IsFolder" = 'False'; "PatchFileName" =
'AcroProUpd910_all3'; "ObjectName" = 'adobe_caps.dylib'; "OrigChecksum" = '4012873910'; "FinalChecksum" =
'845495447'; "LangID" = 'mul'; "UserID" = ''; "GroupID" = ''; "Perms" = ''; }"
/usr/bin/bspatch "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/adobe_caps.dylib" "/
Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/adobe_caps.dylib" '/tmp/AdobePatch/3287/
payload/AcroProUpd910_all3'
Processing entry 4 of manifest
Creating backup
/usr/bin/ditto -rsrc "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/libamtconfig.dylib" '/
tmp/AdobePatch/3287/backup/AcroProUpd910_all4'
Writing Backup Command
'AcroProUpd910_all4'; "ObjectName" = 'libamtconfig.dylib'; "OrigChecksum" = '3881765471'; "FinalChecksum" =
'613476348'; "LangID" = 'mul'; "UserID" = ''; "GroupID" = ''; "Perms" = ''; }"
/usr/bin/bspatch "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/libamtconfig.dylib" "/
Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/libamtconfig.dylib" '/tmp/AdobePatch/3287/
payload/AcroProUpd910_all4'
Processing entry 5 of manifest
Creating backup
/usr/bin/ditto -rsrc "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/RemoverTool" '/tmp/
AdobePatch/3287/backup/AcroProUpd910_all5'
Writing Backup Command
'AcroProUpd910_all5'; "ObjectName" = 'RemoverTool'; "OrigChecksum" = '3269402710'; "FinalChecksum" = '2683504295';
"LangID" = 'mul'; "UserID" = ''; "GroupID" = ''; "Perms" = ''; }"
/usr/bin/bspatch "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/RemoverTool" "/
Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/RemoverTool" '/tmp/AdobePatch/3287/payload/
AcroProUpd910_all5'
Processing entry 6 of manifest
Creating backup
/usr/bin/ditto -rsrc "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/
Localizable.strings" '/tmp/AdobePatch/3287/backup/AcroProUpd910_all8'
Writing Backup Command
"TargetPath" = 'Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj'; "IsFolder" = 'False'; "PatchFileName" =
'AcroProUpd910_all8'; "ObjectName" = 'Localizable.strings'; "OrigChecksum" = '467447889'; "FinalChecksum" =
'842947001'; "LangID" = 'en'; "UserID" = ''; "GroupID" = ''; "Perms" = ''; }"
/usr/bin/bspatch "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/
Localizable.strings" "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/
Localizable.strings" '/tmp/AdobePatch/3287/payload/AcroProUpd910_all8'
Processing entry 7 of manifest
Creating backup
/usr/bin/ditto -rsrc "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Resources/FileList.txt" '/
tmp/AdobePatch/3287/backup/AcroProUpd910_all12'
Writing Backup Command
"TargetPath" = 'Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Resources'; "IsFolder" = 'False'; "PatchFileName" =
'AcroProUpd910_all12'; "ObjectName" = 'FileList.txt'; "OrigChecksum" = '3240359304'; "FinalChecksum" = '2543072156';
"LangID" = 'mul'; "UserID" = ''; "GroupID" = ''; "Perms" = ''; }"
/usr/bin/bspatch "/Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Resources/FileList.txt" "/
Applications/Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Resources/FileList.txt" '/tmp/AdobePatch/3287/
payload/AcroProUpd910_all12'
Processing entry 8 of manifest
namePart :ENU option : JPN
Processing entry 9 of manifest
namePart :ENU option : JPN
Processing entry 10 of manifest
namePart :ENU option : EFG
Processing entry 11 of manifest
Processing entry 12 of manifest
Processing entry 13 of manifest
Processing entry 14 of manifest
namePart :ENU option : ISDP
Processing entry 15 of manifest
Processing entry 16 of manifest
Processing entry 17 of manifest
Processing entry 18 of manifest
Processing entry 19 of manifest
Processing entry 20 of manifest
Processing entry 21 of manifest
Processing entry 22 of manifest
namePart :ENU option : SDFN
Processing entry 23 of manifest
Processing entry 24 of manifest
Processing entry 25 of manifest
Processing entry 26 of manifest
Processing entry 27 of manifest
Processing entry 28 of manifest
Processing entry 29 of manifest
Processing entry 30 of manifest
namePart :ENU option : CHS
Processing entry 31 of manifest
namePart :ENU option : CHS
Processing entry 32 of manifest
namePart :ENU option : CHT
Processing entry 33 of manifest
namePart :ENU option : CHT
Processing entry 34 of manifest
namePart :ENU option : KOR
Processing entry 35 of manifest
namePart :ENU option : KOR
Processing entry 36 of manifest
namePart :ENU option : CHP
Processing entry 37 of manifest
Processing entry 38 of manifest
Processing entry 39 of manifest
Processing entry 40 of manifest
Processing entry 41 of manifest
Processing entry 42 of manifest
namePart :ENU option : RURT
Processing entry 43 of manifest
Processing entry 44 of manifest
Processing entry 45 of manifest
Processing entry 46 of manifest
Processing entry 47 of manifest
Processing entry 48 of manifest
Processing entry 49 of manifest
Return Value is Success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David T:

I really need to get the Failed log files in order to help you with this problem.  For some reason, all of the files you have sent so far indicate a successful update.  Can you please try the following:

1. Delete all of the old log files

2. Download the 9.1.0 patch from adobe.com

3. Try to install the downloaded Patch (don't apply using the updater)

4. Send me the log files which say "Failed" at the bottom

Just to be clear, are all three applications (Acrobat, Distiller, and Uninstaller) at 9.0.0 level?

Dave M:

Adobe does not support the use of any utilities that may alter the contents of the Acrobat application.  I guarantee that you will continue to see update failures with the continued use of such utilities.

Thanks,

-Kirsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Kirsten,

I sent some log files to Craig Shamp several months ago! It's really a shame that when he was fired someone didn't plan on an orderly transition to continue whatever work he was doing on this problem.

My versions of Acrobat and Distiller are NOT at the 9.0.0 level.

My version of Acrobat is at the 9.1.3 level. Which is what you would expect from someone who has been using the product since Creative Suite 4 came out.

Are you saying that the only way to go to Acrobat 9.2 is to strip my current version of Acrobat off the machine, then reinstall 9.0.0, and then incrementally upgrade to 9.2?

If that is the only solution, then I give up and I promise not to bother you or Lori or anyone else on the Acrobat team.

For years I have joked that the Acrobat team does not work for Adobe Systems. They work for Microsoft. And have no care for Macintosh users.

This situation, if true, would prove it.

Love,

Sandee Cohen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2009 Dec 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kirsten,

I posted a zip with my log files to the forum 11/12/09. Can you

still access those? If not I will resend them.

Thanks,

Jon Winston

Jon@WinstonHome.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Yes I did see your log files, thank you so much for posting them.  They indicate that the WebLink plugin version is incorrect, which seems to indicate that a problem occurred with the 9.1.0 patch.  Without the failed 9.1.0 patch logs, we unfortunately have no way to tell what the exact cause of the problem with the 9.1.0 patch was.  I'm afraid the best solution for your situation is to reinstall using the instructions I posted previously.  If it fails for you again, please do send me the saved 9.1.0 patch logs and then we can finally put an end to this mystery.

Since I have not received any other failed log files from anyone else, I have no way to tell whether they are suffering from the same issue you have or something completely different.

-Kirsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirsten:

I followed your instructions exactly...deleted all of the log files from /library/logs/adobe

downloaded the updater 9.10 -

get same message:

Update failed

The patch has failed bla bla bla..

I went to the /library/logs/adobe - the directory is still empty after I previously deleted the old log files.. no new log files of any type were in there.

now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David T,

Missing log files, huh?  That's very odd indeed.  Can you try restarting the system and then double checking for me one more time that the version of all three applications: Acrobat, Distiller, and Uninstaller are all at version 9.0 ?  The only thing I can think of right now is that it is failing because of some preliminary version checking or something.

Thanks,

-Kirsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2009 Dec 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kirsten:

Yes..missing log files... this time, I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 using App Cleaner per someone elses suggestion in the blog.  The I restarted my machine.  Then I reinstalled AAP9 using the original install disk.  It was interesting that it installed just fine and I didn't even have to put in a serial.

I am attaching a screenshot of the directory housing the new AAP9 install..yes

Yes...all of this below is V9

Acrobat Distiller
ReadMe.html
Acrobat Uninstaller
Adobe Acrobat Pro

I download the 9.1.0 update but the Acrobat Pro9 software won't update as usual.  Same ridiculours message about components having changed

I still don't have any logs in the /library/logs/Adobe folder after I tried the update

This has to be the craziest and most annoying situation I have ever been in.  This is highly unusual for Adobe apps as I have been installing them since about 1986 with no problems like this....I have many Adobe apps.. This one is simply a huge PITA.

The upgrading protocol is terrible...incremental updating is simply a wasted of time and shows very little creativity on the part of Adobe.

In any event, maybe you can come up with some idea to fix this stupid issue.

I look forward to hearing from you again, hopefully with a fix that will actually work.  I am really starting to lose faith in Adobe's ability to actually do anything to remedy this horrendous problem.

All the best...David Talisman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used app cleaner and was able to install 9.0 without having to key in serial number you didn't remove everthing. If everything is removed it would have required to key in serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is all a ridiculous waste of time. Why can't Adobe just sort this out, put out a new and correct 9.2 update and save us poor users all a lot of time?

I am on MacPro, 10.5.8, already have 9.2 installed yet keep getting reminders about the update. When I try to install it through their auto update thinking they mean I need another update I just get the error message that everybody else is getting.

I have been onto Adobe several times and they keep telling me to do the same old thing and it never works. Why am I getting an update alert when I already have 9.2?

Adobe, sort it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up.  Do you have a list of all the installed files from Adobe Acrobat Pro 9?  If so, please send them.  I would have thought that app cleaner would remove everything..

thanks David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines