• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to post comment in cloud-based review

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team is creating PDFs in Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20263. We recently began using "Share this with others" to conduct browser-based reviews. (We used to do shared reviews on a SharePoint server.)

When a reviewer is logged in as a guest and tries to post a comment, he gets the message "We were unable to post your comment, please try again." (Screenshot attached) This happens intermittently, and on only one review document so far. But I'm anxious to fix it. In at least one case, the reviewer was locked out and could not reenter the review.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Is there a way to prevent it? A workaround?

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Hi @Larry Kunz 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

A similar issue was reported earlier today, which is now resolved. Please try to sign out, reboot the computer and sign in back to start the review process again and see if that works for you.

Let us know if you still experience the issue and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Larry Kunz 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

A similar issue was reported earlier today, which is now resolved. Please try to sign out, reboot the computer and sign in back to start the review process again and see if that works for you.

Let us know if you still experience the issue and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Amal. No one has experienced the problem since I shared your response with the team. So I think it is now resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - this same issue is happening again today (06/26/2023) to a document that was previously accepting comments. I have closed the browser/opened it back up, logged out/logged back in, and restarted the computer, but the issue still persists. Is this a backend issue with Adobe? Or is there something I can do to fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue today (9/17/2023). Things were working this morning, but then I started getting the "unable to post your comment" message this afternoon.  This is very frustrating, as this document is time sensitive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Me and my colleagues are experiencing the same issue now. PDF has been uploaded to Adobe Document Cloud and then shared for commenting. Now people are getting the "We were unable to post your comment, please try again.". I have used the browser version of Acrobat for sharing the document. My desktop version is Adobe Acrobat Pro 2023.006.20320. The document was created with Acrobat PDFMaker 23 for Word, Adobe PDF Library 23.6.96.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the problem can be resolved by saving the commented file, disabling the sharing and then sharing the saved file again. Not optimal but better than nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Pietari! I'm having similar issues and will try this, also. Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, didn't work. Posting this to the main line of comments. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I tried this and it didn't fix the problem. My reviewers are now angry at the confusion (except one, who has done shared reviews before). I've lost apparently all of the comments one reviewer made (extensive, from an OCD editor). Please help fix this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team is experiencing the same thing currently. The comments are showing in my notifications, but not the actual files. We get an error code each time we try to post a comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal, We are experiencing this same issue as well of not being able to post comments. We tried on four different pdfs and 2 of them worked and the other two got the error  "We were unable to post your comment, please try again." We have tried it on 4 different computers and tried signing out and rebooting the computer and signing back in and it still is not working. We have time sensitive documents that need to be completed. Thank you in advance for your assistance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I and one reviewer tried the various suggestions and workarounds above. Still no luck for either of us!

Help us, Adobe Support, you're our only hope!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the same suggestions and am also having the same issue with posting comments in the document. Does Adobe have a workaround? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

There was an internal issue with the services, which is now resolved. Please log-out on the document cloud and re-login and see if that fixes the problem.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Signing in and out did not seem to solve the problem for me. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still not fixed for my company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto for me and my team: still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also experiencing the same issue. Commenting was working fine Friday 9/22 and now I've been having issues with commenting since Monday 9/18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction Friday 9/15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm not sure if I was clear enough in my previous comment about resolving this but: Did you try to download the already shared file from the Cloud, then upload the file (as a new file) into the cloud and then share the (new) file? This seemed to work for us. Just disabling the sharing, and then enabling it again for the same file did not seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pietari! No, I didn't catch that entire point from your original post. Thank you so much for revising the procedure! I hope that it works for some people!!

However, I tried that (revised) process and several variations of it. Unfortunately, nothing I tried fixed the problem.

Also, yesterday at 1:23 PM CT I shared a brand new document (after restarting yesterday). After restarting this morning, after shutting down last night, I now see two versions of the same document in my "Shared" tab--one reviewer made comments at about 9:30 AM CT, and the comments only appear in "FileName(1).pdf", not the original "FileName.pdf". Is it going to create a new version of the PDF each time someone comments? (Hopefully not!) Off to test that some more now... Thanks all for your help! I think this is on Adobe to fix, though. I've been doing this for years, never had problems like this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just had the same thing happen this morning. I started with 1 file, and now have 3 of the same somehow after sharing it for comments. One of the files can't even be opened... Weird stuff, adoobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds horrible 😅.

We are now experiencing the original "unable to post comments" problem again... and now have been sharing the documents once more. Hope it gets more stable very soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines