Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print validated e-signature

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings

I’m using Acrobat Pro DC 2021 and have been trying to print a form bearing a validated e-signature with no success.

When viewed on the computer as a pdf file, the signature is valid and bears a green tick.

Esign.jpg

Whenever I print the pdf file, the signature bears a yellow question mark and says the signature is “not verified”.  

I’ve tried all the following:

1. Checked for updates (none available)
  2. Picked “Document and Markups” in the “Comments and Forms” section when giving the print command
  3. Picked “Document and Stamp” in the “Comments and Forms” section when giving the print command
  4. Downloaded the file again and attempted the entire process again

Still no luck. Please provide a solution

Warm regards

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

While I don't disagree with the larger correctness of what you are saying, this concept is of little use when grappling with a beuraucracy that concretely demands that a printout of the certificate bear a 'tickmark' and not a 'question mark'. 

Similar to previous such posts on this topic (of which there are quite a few now) I join the ranks of users of the program who had to devise their own solutions. I'm posting what worked for me in the hope that it will help someone else. From what I know thi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. AS described yo are unable to print the validated E- signature form and getting the error signature is not verified. Also you have tried most of the troubleshooting with no success.

Please try to print the PDF as an image and see if that works for you. Open the PDF > Go to Print > Advanced > Print as image

If it still doesn't work, try to open the PDF in a web browser (Chrome) for testing and try to print it from there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, 

Thank you for replying. 

I'm afraid the solution you offered regarding the printing as a picture does work, but it changes the appearance and quality of the text - it becomes grainy and less prescise, and some of the offices I tried to use the certificate in didn't accept it. 

Also when I tried to open the file in chrome the green tick disappeared, and however the body of the signature still said document approved. 

InkedEsign2_LI.jpg

Please help me out, this is a very important document and facing such basic problems printing it is posing a lot of problems. 

A lot of previous customers have also faced the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have removed the death certificate as requested.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need further help.

Thanks,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A printed copy of a digital signature is not validated, though. It can't be. In order to validate it you must be able to interact with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I don't disagree with the larger correctness of what you are saying, this concept is of little use when grappling with a beuraucracy that concretely demands that a printout of the certificate bear a 'tickmark' and not a 'question mark'. 

Similar to previous such posts on this topic (of which there are quite a few now) I join the ranks of users of the program who had to devise their own solutions. I'm posting what worked for me in the hope that it will help someone else. From what I know this particular solution has thus far not been documented. 

1. Go to the Print Option 

2. Select "Documents and Markups" 

3. (this was what made it work for me) TURN OFF THE TONER SAVER PRINT MODE.

Print and the 'tick mark' now appears on the printout 

I know this sounds like a very stupid and makeshift solution, but why it worked is again beyond me. If you are stuck in the same situation, I hope it helps you too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS ITS WORK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was done,Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for this response. Really helped me. Weird hack though, but it's easy and more importantly, it works! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a bug. The tick mark should not print. Adobe might fix the bug one day, so may be worth planning for a future that doesn't depend on it one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked that way; know not how to thank you! Namaste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Surprising it is, but unchecking Toner saver did work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.Its working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expect this is a bug that will be fixed in future. Plan for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was frustrated because of the same problem but now the problem is solved! One un-tic at the check box brings another tic on the printed document. 😂😂😂

Great Support by @defaultorwzguz159fj 😍🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great It Worked!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great ! It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines