• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to "Save As PDF" or convert Word files to PDF

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since (I think) a recent Windows update I have been unable to "Save As PDF" or convert Word files to PDF using the Acrobat tab on the ribbon.

BEFORE this issue I was getting to the point where I could only open one PDF at a time through Windows, otherwise would get the "A running instance of Acrobat has caused an error" error. 

I am using:

• Acrobat Version: 22.1.20117.0
  • Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2204 Build 16.0.15128.20240) 32-bit
  • Windows 11 Home 22000.675

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both programs. I have tried repairing the installations. Everything is up to date. The PDFMOfficeAddin.dll Add-In is loaded and enabled in Word (I have tried removing and re-adding it). Nothing has worked. I can print to PDF but that fails if the document has complicated formating or fonts. 

I get one of these two error messages when I try:

Unable to find "Adobe PDF" resource files, OR

sarahb22320235_0-1653486054284.png

Running the installer in repair mode does nothing.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I would try is to uninstall Acrobat using Adobe's "Cleaner" tool: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html 

A "normal" uninstall will leave stuff on the system that can potentially keep a problem from surviving a reinstall, but the Cleaner should take care of such things. If that still does not give you a working system, the problem may be on the Word side. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have now tried this without success. I am going to try uninstalling and scrubbing Office and will report back if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has solved the Save to PDF problem but I'm back to having the "A running instance of Acrobat has caused an error" problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is one Adobe knowledgebase article about this error: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/failed-to-connect-to-dde-server.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines