• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to resize image in adobe pro

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for posting this again, but I still can't get an imagine to resize in a pdf I'm editing in Adobe Pro.  I have used this product for years and it was as simple as grabbing the arrow on the corner of the image and resizing it. I can't imagine why this no longer works. I can only move the image with my arrows on the keyboard and not my mouse.  Hopefully someone has identified the problem and can share... this is so frustrating as it's something I have done thousands of times.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KATHERIN5C37 

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

This is correct; the best and the easiest way to resize an image in PDF is to go to Edit mode, hover or select the image and then click and drag the corners to resize the image.

Now when you try to do this, what happens? Doesn't that let you stretch the corners? 

It could be a PDF-specific issue as it might be a scanned file.

• Try with a different file.
  • If you recently updated your Acrobat, go to help>repair installation.
  • If not, then Go to Acrobat> Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once (you must save all the work before restarting)

To download the patch manually, more information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Share the screenshot of your complete page view having this document open in Acrobat. We want to check if its Acrobat New UI or old one. 

Please share a sample file with us if it still doesn't work. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also used this product for several years and all of a sudden, today, I am no longer able to resize any image or text box.  I need this function in order to my job.  What happened overnight?  I need this fixed, ASAP, please.  Can someone please help?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. I have to completly shut down Acrobat and I will let me resize for 1 maybe 2 documents before it stops working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It doesn't work. I use the latest version of Windows and a new version of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggested fixes does not fix the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same probelm, plus I am unable to highlight anything, except by double clicking. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I exported the pdf to word. Then inserted the picture into word, including having to play with settings to get the picture to place how I wanted it to. Then converted the word doc back to pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Help>Repair Installation worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep that fixed it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird that you can't drag to resize.  I just tried it and was able to resize by just dragging.  Was your Acrobat "upgraded" to the New Experience.  If so, you can revert back.

mariahweyne_0-1688068756222.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem.  Have done this on documents many times.  Now, can't resize at all, can only reposition if using the arrows, can't grab text I've added to reposition (have to delete, reposition the insertion point and try again, multiple times)...

However, I did the "Repair Installation" fix suggested and it "seems" to have corrected the issue.  Will revisit once I've worked with a few more documents to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having to do the "Repair" about every other week, but it does work again after that step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The control panel on my computer doesn't give an option of "repair". I can only uninstall it. I did uninstall but now I can't find a place to download the app. It appears I can only download monthly subscription. What a scam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I tried to call Adobe's tech support on this but the automated phone service says they no longer provide the phone service for this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Repair worked for me, I hope the repair survives... thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue! Its so friggin frustrating to be using something for years and then be completely immobilized.  WTF.  Not able to resize images, popups come in at crucial moments that you have to close, the programs freezes up all the time.  This horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very annoying, same problem. I did the Repair last week but the problem in back today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all
So I was having the exact same issue, but I have a work around - if you are trying to add a picture on top of a picture it wont work.  So for example, I was trying to add my signature to a scanned document (which was also coming into adobe as a picture).  

So I drag the underneath picture over to one side slightly (in my case the form that needs signature).  Drag it over enough so that you have some white space at the edge

Then drag your picture you need to resize (in my case my signature) over so part of it is in the white space, then you will see the corder draggers to resize will appear....

then simply drag your under picture back into position.

Bit of flaff but at least it works 🙂  Hope it does for you too 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! This works! You are more helpful than the Adobe team. Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that solution didn't work for me.  I even inserted a completely BLANK page, and tried to re-size the image (my signature) and Adobe keeps over-riding my click with a pop-up menu, which prevents me from modifying the size of the image.  Heck, I can't even move the image unless I use the keyboard arrows.  It's absolutely annoying and very strange - as if it's a intentional (new) feature to block users from adding certain graphics to a PDF document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue in June 2024.  What's the solution Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you delete this comment please. The problem is real and your comment doesn't solve anything, clicking on it just threw me out of the forum to the extent that I had to find the forum again via Google search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines