• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Sign PDFs - CSigField-1022

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to sign a PDF through Acrobat Pro, I receive the follow 2 errors blocking the signature to go through - 

'The FieldMDP expression for this signature is invalid' followed by 'Creation of this signature could not be completed - Unknown error: Support Information: CSigField-1022'

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexc

we are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to sign the PDF and getting the error 'The FieldMDP expression for this signature is invalid' followed by 'Creation of this signature could not be completed - Unknown error: Support Information: CSigField-1022'

Have you created this PDF document or have you got it from a different user? What is the workflow/steps you did to create the PDF file?

Is this PDF created using Adobe Livecycle Designer? If yes, please try to recreate collection and re-assigned it to the signature field as below and see if that works for you:

1) Go into the object properties of your signature field.

2) On the 'Signature' tab, IF you have the box checked for "Lock fields after signing", but the drop-down box is blank,

then you can either recreate your fields collection, or you can uncheck that box.

For more information please refer to  a similar discussion https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-livecycle-discussions/pdf-signatures-error-me... and see if that helps.

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Amal.

The PDF is a secure PDF with signatures allowed that was sent to us from another user. The same document worked in the past for other employees but we're now seeing the issues shared in my previous comment. 

This is happening on macOS 10.15.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

What is the workflow or steps you are doing to sign the PDF? Also please share the PDF file with us so we can chek it at our end . Please upload the file to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/  generate the link and share it with us.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting the same error. It's the below screenshot, followed by the 1022 error. I've got about 20 of these on my team that all need signing this weekend... Did you find a solution?

Jack98A2_0-1598039885615.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to sign a PDF because I get the above errors, I have been waiting for customer support for over three hours and not once have I spoken to a single person. I need this solved ASAP, is there anyone who can help me?

Please see the attached file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are the errors that you're getting?

Is this PDF using any JavaScript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first message is as follows "The FieldMDP expression for this signature is invalid"

the next error message is as follows "Creation of this signature could not be completed

unknown error

support information: CSigField-1022"

Then I get two notifications that state that the save operation was cancelled and that the document could not be signed.

i also have absolutely no idea if the document is using JavaScript as I did not create it. I simply clicked on a link and saved it from marforres

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This form was created with LiveCycle Designer. There's nothing you can personally do about it as far as editing goes with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Besides the document is locked and password protected, which restricts further editing of this PDF.

You may need to contact the creator of this form and have them fix that signature field.

Now, I do work a lot with these type of forms, and when the big boss need something done, I don't have the time to wait for the approval beaurocratic process involved just to have someone in that chain of support take the time to actually sit down in fron t of a computer and fix the "dogdam" signature field (if you know what I mean).

Sometimes the best approach is to recreate this form from scratch with Adobe Acrobat. 

If this is something that you really need ASAP I  can do this very quick over night and have it ready by tomorrow. The form will be completely done from scratch using Adobe Acrobat Pro.

That will buy you some time to go through the appropriate channels and have the author of this LiveCycle PDF fixed.

That said, I have to ask if you were trying to sign with a self-signed certificate or a with a smart card (CACCard)?

When you sign with the smart card the script of that signature field expects to get a time stamp from a time stamp server (and other authentication factors that are embedded in the root authority certificates). You have to be on-line at signing time. If you're offline this signature event won't take place. 

Here's the workaround with Acrobat  for XFA forms suggested by Adobe: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/edit-xfa-form.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey brother, sorry for the slow reply, 

If you could hammer out a copy that would be awesome, it's not really on a times table per-say but the faster the better. Sadly I don't have my own CaC reader, I have to order one but that'd just take more time. Although amazon does carry the govie issued ones so I really should invest in it. But if you could recreate the form that'd be awesome! 

Thank you so much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too easy!   🙂 

I'll get hot on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost done. I will be sending up the file in the next hour or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go : https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:1eb39db9-76f6-49b7-84ca-bf4b42021fc6

This took me longer than expected but now you have a working signature field in this PDF.

Let me know if you need help with anything else or have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm having the same exact problem, also with a form from Marine Forces Reserve. Although, I can't tell from this thread what the solution to the problem was, finally. Please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The solution was to work around a PDF that wasn't created with Adobe Acrobat. The source PDF was also locked by the producing software making it impossible to use the Adobe Acrobat's PDF editing features; like adding a digital signature field in that form, for example.

That PDF would only allow to fill and electronically sign and print, and save as a copy with a different filename... that was it.

So following the Adobe Helpx guidance that I shared for the user in the link above, I had to re-create this PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC from scratch in order for those military personnel that needed to use that form and be able to apply a certificate-based digital signature using a military common access card.

I work a lot with these type of government forms, you can shoot me a private message with the name of the form, and also what exactly are you struggling with in that PDF;  tell me what do you need on it.

I can take a look at it and see if I am able to do the same for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issues as everyone else and been at this all night. I have a dealine this afternoon and non one can figure this out. Though I just found these threads of the same issue, so hoping someone in th ecommuity can help immediately to modify a DD2345 form, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me see what I can do.

I am currently working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LS, 

No need, I jujst received an email back from my contact and he informed me to just print sign and send it back.  

They have given me a pass to get this done. 

So please do not waste your time trying to figure this out. 

Thank you kindly, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

If you need any additional help you may contact me privately.

I was able to recreate this form with Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there more information on this issue?

My team that creates forms in LiveCycle for our organization is also reporting this issue with clients.
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested a LC/AEM Designer form on my computer and was able to sign it in Acrobat Pro DC. Other than that, I can't help you. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pamela,

Is the issue related to government forms that were created with old and unsupported versions of Adobe Live Cycle?

In any case, note that when you provide the users of the PDF with a signature field to employ self-signed digital certificates or certificate-based digital signatures via smart card reader devices, the authentication and security varies between these two methods.

My suggestion is to test the signature field of your PDFs with a self-signed certificate (a certificate that the user creates and it is saved locally in the computer where the PDF is currently being viewed).

If you're able to sign with this method but not with a smart card, the error may be related to the authentication mechanism of the latter.

For example, the time stamp that is applied at signing time when using the smart card method, it is required to be online for the certificate authority to connect to the time stamp server provided by the certificate issuing authority.

If the user is not online when trying to sign with this method, the signature will not be applied.

Are you able to test and report back to us what results do you get with your forms after you test with both methods?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY adobe hangs when i try to digitally sign document.

I have an excel invoice.

i do print to pdf

it open in adobe

i use tools> digitally sign>certificate >select>mark area to sign>encryption runs>it gives save as >i key in password of digital signature key 

Now at this point the adobe stops responding .

I have to end task to close adobe

document is not signed digitally.

Till 2 months back this DS key and Adobe were working fine and I was able to digitally sign documents.

I turned off kasperskey and tried signing but it has not helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to create PDF from excel using the Acrobat ribbon in the excel toolbar at the top or by printing to Adobe PDF as print to PDF is a MS process of PDF creation.

Also, check for any missing/pending updates for Acrobat Pro DC Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once. Also, try updating the firmware of the token device and reboot the compute rand check.

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win Only) Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at start up' Turn off the protected mode and uncheck 'Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the computer once.
Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jlgov ,

++ UPDATING THIS THREAD ALSO A LITTLE LATE

There is a new DD Form 2345 dates October 2022, the 2019 form is obsolete.

See if this newer version works as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines