Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update from Acrobat DC 32-bit to 64-bit

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to install Acrobat DC for Desktop 64 bits for Windows 10, I have Acrobat DC 32 bits. I would like to change.

Thanks.

[Title edited by moderator. Was: "Strange characters instead of letters in the document". ]

*Norma Odely *

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

There are currently installers for Acrobat and Acrobat Reader 64-bit. They can be accessed via https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html. Note that this not general availability and may not support languages other than English in terms of UI.

Also, this is absolutely not an updater. If you want to install th 64-bit versions, you currently must totally uninstall any 32-bit version. Then you can install the 64-bit version.

Note also that any third party plug-ins (such a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultmy5g6p09tpus ,

I branched your post from an unrelated thread about missing characters.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a subscription to Acrobat DC and my computer meets the system
requirements. I need to change to 64 bits.
My user is [email removed by moderator]

Thanks for help me!

Norma Odely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are currently installers for Acrobat and Acrobat Reader 64-bit. They can be accessed via https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html. Note that this not general availability and may not support languages other than English in terms of UI.

Also, this is absolutely not an updater. If you want to install th 64-bit versions, you currently must totally uninstall any 32-bit version. Then you can install the 64-bit version.

Note also that any third party plug-ins (such as PitStop, Quite Imposing, etc.) must be re-installed with 64-bit versions of those plug-ins. Not all plug-in makers have updated their plug-ins to have 64-bit versions.

Finally, be aware that contrary to popular mythology, the 64-bit versions of applications (not just Adobe applications) generally don't provide any higher performance than the 32-bit versions, but rather, provide access to larger memory spaces supporting much larger and more complex documents.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for help me!
I installed it with your link.

Regards!

*Norma Odely*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Mr. Isaacs,

Your below explanation is the best in terms of creating awareness, especially for some of us that do not 100% understand the capabilities of 34-bit vs. 64-bit.  Thank you...

"Finally, be aware that contrary to popular mythology, the 64-bit versions of applications (not just Adobe applications) generally don't provide any higher performance than the 32-bit versions, but rather, provide access to larger memory spaces supporting much larger and more complex documents".

Best Wishes

Jeff Naidoo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines