• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update made my selection box disappear in Edit Mode

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I used "Edit" to manipulate objects in a pdf, I could use the mouse to select an area and anything within the box would be selected. When I dragged the mouse I would see the box so I knew what I was selecting. However, after the latest update, I cannot see the box anymore so I have no idea of the area that I'm selecting. Any way I can get the box back?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am up to the latest version of Acrobat as well, and I do still see the box. I know that this does not help you, but at least we know that this very likely has to do with something that is happening on your computer. In a case like this, I would try to repair the Acrobat installation, and if that does not work, I would uninstall, and then run the Acrobat Cleaner tool from Adobe (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html) and then re-install Acrobat from a new download. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are able to reproduce the issue on Windows platform.

Issue has been forwarded to the engineering team for fixing in upcoming releases.

Sorry for the incovenience caused.

Workaround:-

- Select single BBox/image by clicking on BBox boundaries or clicking on image.

- Select multiple BBox by clicking on BBox boundaries using Ctrl key.

Thanks,

Gaurav Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, looks like using Acrobat on a Mac protected me from this bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Do you know when that update will be released?

Thanks

Joe Sefcik
Peronal info removed by Mod: Email, cellphone, address

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having the same issue, been searching for hours online for anyone with the same issue.  When will this be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on text or image works, but when I want to select multiple objects on page, I click control and with mouse click top area of where I want to begin to draw a selection box and drag this box to bottom area. However, this selection box disappeared. objects will get selected with the invisible box I control dragged, But I can't see what I'm selecting because no selection box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Up to date on Adobe Acrobat DC and the selection box disappeared in edit mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See @gauravs43202023 's reply above. This is a problem with the latest Windows version. There is a workaround listed in that comment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thanks for your time and patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update.

Please install the latest patch, and let us know if you experience any issues.

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards,

Gaurav Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines