• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Adobe Acrobat X Pro 10.1.1

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe Acrobat X Pro 10.1.1, can someone tell me if this the most up to date version? I can't seem to find out whether there are updates and the Update function within the program returns this error.

I am trying to fix the display issues I'm having in  High Sierra 10.13.4 on a 2017 Macbook Pro 13" within some of the Adobe programs (InDesign & Acrobat). Updating Photoshop and Illustrator have worked but InDesign didn't and still have compatibility issues.

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 18.38.19.png

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

There were no updates to 10.x to fix compatibility with High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Hello.

Very sorry, none of what you describe sounds anything like what I encountered in my update process, so I am not sure I can be of much help. I did not get a list of apps to update.

- make sure it is Adobe X Pro CS6

- make sure to use the correct update pkg file; I recall there was also a dmg, so perhaps try that

- if you are getting a message of which app to update, it does sound like you may have downloaded the wrong update file; be sure to follow the path I provided exactly; this will grab t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can check and update (by downloading the files directly and then applying them) here:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. I did look here but it's not on the list. I did find downloads for XI which I assumed was the next upgrade but that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the last acrobat x update (10.1.16) is there (in addition to about twenty other x updates).  look more carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were no updates to 10.x to fix compatibility with High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 Update (January 12, 2020)

After the latest High Sierra update (10.13.6), Acrobat X Pro (10.1.1) kept crashing after initial launch.

Following a little research, I discovered the latest version of X is 10.1.16.

Acrobat X no longer self-updates, so it has clearly been outdated for awhile. It was still functioning fine in High Sierra until this latest Apple update.

In any case, should someone land here with the same issue, here is what I did with success.

Download and install the 10.1.16 update found here (Adobe has removed older version updates from their regular Updates Web page; use FTP):

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/

drill down to

/pub/adobe/acrobat/mac/10.x/10.1.16/misc

I used the AcrobatUpd10116.pkg file.

Seems to be working for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU macatakk! I have been struggling with this for days (January 2020) and your fix worked like a charm. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having crash problems with Acrobat Pro CS6. I followed your directions but when I install the package I get all the way to where it says choose the application you want to update, I navigate to the app and it is grayed out so I can't choose it! What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Very sorry, none of what you describe sounds anything like what I encountered in my update process, so I am not sure I can be of much help. I did not get a list of apps to update.

- make sure it is Adobe X Pro CS6

- make sure to use the correct update pkg file; I recall there was also a dmg, so perhaps try that

- if you are getting a message of which app to update, it does sound like you may have downloaded the wrong update file; be sure to follow the path I provided exactly; this will grab the exact file:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/mac/10.x/10.1.16/misc/AcrobatUpd10116.pkg

- make sure all Adobe apps and helpers are closed, including Bridge or any other Adobe Helpers (I disabled all those long ago as I do not use them)

- that's about all the advice I can offer

Good luck.

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 5.24.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turned out I had to install the dmg version, and it is working so far! I can't thank you enough, as I just lost about 3 days of my life trying to fix this. Thank you macatakk!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  I have been trying to figure this out for over two weeks.  Unistalled all my CS6 apps, re-installed, used Time Machine to go back to a day prior to this happening, all to no avail. Just downloaded and installed 101.16 and keeping my fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh My gracious!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I spent 1.5 hours with Adobe on my computer trying to fix this.. Their solution was to download Adobe 2017 and it worked until they disconnected.. Then it crashed!! Fingers crossed it works for awhile longer!! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Macatakk! This worked! It resolved the problem of Acrobat closing itself after 10-15 seconds. I have Acrobat X on my older MacBook. A few days ago, out of the blue, it started automatically closing after being open for a few seconds. I downloaded and installed the update from the link you provided. No more problems so far. I really appreciate people like you who share your insight and solutions with us. Very grateful. It saved me a lot of time and frustration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my! Like everyone else here I have spent far too much of my time trying to fix this problem and you have solved it! I wish I had found this page all those weeks ago. Thank you, thank you. I feel my sanity is returning. What a hero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macatakk, this link, is it for a PC or MAC.  I downloaded this and actually need the both fixes.  I'm going to give this a shot and will let you all know.

Thank you.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

I'm running Mojave on my main laptop expressly for the purpose of keeping my CS6 programs functional and couldn't figure out how to stop Acrobat from crashing after a few seconds. Turns out it was stuck on version 10.1.1.

For anyone else having trouble opening the direct link macatakk posted above, remove "ftp://" from the very beginning and try again – that's how I was able to trigger the download. (I used Chrome.)

Once I managed that, I just opened the .pkg file and let the installer do its thing. (I did not uninstall Acrobat 10.1.1, or any other programs.)

Thanks again, macatakk, you're a lifesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you macatakk!!

I have been going crazy. Acrobat stopped working about a month ago and I am not ready to upgrade to the latest OS.

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY!!! It worked! Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.i cant download this update.anyone have this update please share with me via google drive or dropbox please.i can open the link.look like it dead already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be breaching copyright. Adobe don't allow people to redistribute their software.

However, if it's an ftp link, you are probably blocked because you use Chrome, and Chrome blocked all FTP links. Closing down a lot of the internet. Use a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox is now blocking FTP sites too... What a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your update manual. It was really helpful. Now, I can go on with my work 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I get this update manual?  Thanks annel1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks try67

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines