• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use a fillable PDF form as a letterhead template?

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

Has anyone used a fillable PDF form to create a letterhead template? 

I have been struggling to provide a solution for our org's president to satisfy her needs for a letterhead template. She is understandably looking for a high quality file to enter her letter content into and print herself. She is most comfortable in Word, but of course a Word template with an image for the letterhead elements doesn't give the best quality. Also, we use letterhead on the first page only and subsequent pages have no letterhead elements. The margins, background image, etc are tricky to manage in Word without some section management that she isn't comfortable with.

So typically I will take her Word file, create a PDF of it and copy/paste onto the PDF of our letterhead.

But in some cases due to confidentiality or timelines, she would like to do everything herself. 

Do you think that a PDF fillable form could work this way? I am thinking that I could set the basic text formatting in the fields (one field per page), and then just let her enter her letter info, save and print. 

Am I missing any major issues with this solution? Has anyone else tried this? Any insights or experiences would be appreciated. Thank you!

TOPICS
PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Sure, that's totally doable. You can even include the letterhead as a non-printing layer, so they can see what it would look like in the final version, but without actually printing that part out, but using the pre-printed paper with the high-quality letterhead already on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, that's totally doable. You can even include the letterhead as a non-printing layer, so they can see what it would look like in the final version, but without actually printing that part out, but using the pre-printed paper with the high-quality letterhead already on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great idea - thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines