• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing bookmarks added in xodo pdf editor

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, i've been using xodo pdf editor for a long time to read ebooks in pdf, and i added a lot of "bookmarks" using it, for example:

Screenshot 2023-08-30 181050.jpg

I would like to switch to acrobat to read PDFs now, but i can't find a way to view those bookmarks i added in xodo. What they call "contents" in xodo is what they call "bookmarks" in Acrobat. I can view all the annotations (highlighting) in acrobat edit them etc. But i can't find a way to view those xodo bookmarks. Do you guys have any idea on how to that? I know those bookmarks are not some temp files but they are now part of the pdf because when i fresh installed windows i could still view them in xodo.

Thank you in advance, Andrea

TOPICS
How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess most users here never heard of xodo before. Can you share a file with those "bookmarks" you're looking for? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, sure i downloaded this file, and added some bookmarks with xodo

Screenshot 2023-08-31 004554.jpg

I attached the edited file to this reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It uses a own entry with the name /pdftronUserBookmarks in the PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to find that in acrobat pro and edit that list? If yes, where can i find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the preflight tool look at the internal PDF structure:

Bild9.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found it, thank you. But that's not so practical, i think there's no way of viewing them all in a sidebar or something in acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat knows nothing about this entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be that they are not saved as outlines in the PDF file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking out for the same solution. I've read so much on Xodo, but i've no way to retrieve it on my PC. This is for Xodo bookmarks.

Shockingly, even highlighting text in Xodo doesn't show the highlighted the text in Adobe Acrobat on PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ,

I could find something relevant to exporting Comments from Xodo: Exporting Comments : XODO

You can export it to the preferred format and then import the same in Acrobat by going to Comments-> Import Data.

I could not find anything related to exporting bookmarks. From what I read through all their supporting docs, the only meaning I could make of it is, that the application creates bookmarks on the app level and not on the document level, due to which the structure is not carried over.

Hope this helps.

-Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines