Visual Basic Run-time Error 76 on Microsoft Word running on MacOs if I use Acrobat macros

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last upload of Acrobat Reader pro on my Mac,  my Microsoft Word can't use the Acrobat macros anymore.

I receive this message if I try to use the Acrobat function on my last version of Word on MacOs (sign or create and share a PDF Adobe)

"Visual Basic Run-time Error 76 (Path Not Found) "

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't sound like something that ever worked, especially with the free Reader. Did it used to work on the same Mac? Please show the code you are trying to run? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did  perfectly work on the same Mac with the Acrobate pro version.

Until I upgrade Acrobat  this morning ...  😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said it was Acrobat Reader in your first message. But I guess you meant Acrobat Pro. Ok, please show the code you are trying to run (Macro calls).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I haven't created any code. The pro version of Acrobat install itself an extension on Word wich allows to sent files on Acrobat pro for signature.

Sorry, screenshoot in french. But I am sur that you can understand : the 2 icons on the upper right are installed by Adobe with the pro version. 

perte acces.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not running any code you probably need to uninstall and reinstall the Adobe PDF Maker addon in your MS Office.

Extensions, add-ons,  and plug-ins, don't  necessarily update automatically with the system nor with the application that they are installed with.

You have to manually remove and update the extension yourself.

It is also advisable that if Adobe Acrobat was updated, MS Office and the operating system should be updated too.

But, in this particular case, since Acrobat installed the MS Office add-on before, you should  remove the add-on from MS Office; then  with your Acrobat opened, simple click on Help, and choose Repair Installation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same idea : difficult to locate the add-on library in my recent Mac OS version of MS Office Word. That's why I tried to uninstall and reinstall Acrobat pro. 

After your last post I found the add-on library and there was an add on called "LinkCreation.dotm" wich apparently belongs to Adobe. 

I  disabled this add on and it made the Adobe icons disappear. After restarting MS Word this add on was automaticaly enabled.

But : the same Runtime error 76 came back

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found in youtube a video posted by a computer gamer where he was showing how to fix any type of runtime error.

He was using MS Windows in the video. And he was demonstrating how to use the built-in feature "Restore from Previous".

MacOS has the same equivalent using :

File > Revert To > Browse All Versions.

macOS and MS Windows has backup enabled by default, so it is possible to restore the folder or file from a previous backup using this method.

I am posting the video where is demonstrated with Windows just to aid you visually:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ1riEJxwfo 

And the next two links is the equivalent procedure with macOS:

https://www.howtogeek.com/209080/how-to-restore-previous-versions-of-a-file-on-any-operating-system/... 

https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-restore-previous-version-of-file-on-mac/ 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry.

Thank you for your help but nothing worked.

May be with a corrective patch it will work again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same symptom if the Word file I'm trying to create a PDF from resides in my DropBox directory.  If it resides in any other directory (including other Cloud directories -- OneDrive, Box), there is no error.

runtimeError.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you also experiencing this issue on Mac OS or are you on Micrososft Windows?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Make content for your business needs with Adobe Express.

Get started easily with free templates: