• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to Safari Adobe extension?

New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a macbook pro with Sonoma 14.5 and Safari 17.5.  I used to be able to open PDF in safari browser up until recently.  I can still open them but I have lost all navigation functionality other than scrolling and it used to display the page on and out of ie: 1/8 etc.  All gone.  I looked for the extension in the/Library/Internet Plug-ins/ and this was not present ->AdobePDFViewer.plugin.  I have removed adobe acrobat reader and installed again twice with no luck.  Where did it go?  I would like to get the functionality back in safari that I used to have with page to page navigation and page info displayed ie: 1/8 etc. What has gone wrong?   Added some screen shots to illustrate what I am getting at.  

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues and have been unable to find a solution. So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David37745241ia0j,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the delay in response.

Please let us know if the issue occurs only on the Safari browser. Have you tried opening PDFs on an alternate browser?

Try clearing the cache and cookies for the browser. Ensure that it is updated. 

If the issue still occurs, share the browser and application version number. Share the Mac OS version details.

We will get this checked.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi

I also have the same problem.  PDF files in the bew Safari browser is not handled by Adobe and we cannot see/find where to enable to the extension.  Safari Version 17.5.

Please advise how to get the PDF extension going?  This is rather urgent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jupiter_24,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please try manually adding it using the steps suggested here:https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-browser-plugin-configuration.html

If you still experience the issue, let us know.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Meenakshi, you are giving links for outdated instructions.  On OS 14.5, when going to settings in safari (there is no longer a "Preferences" option for safari, as the link suggets) the security option no longer gives you an option for internet plugins.  While Safari does have an option called "safari extensions", there is no adobe extension and there is nothing in the app store or your website that has it.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines