• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happens to my files if I uninstall ?

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.

My son's school offers a subscription to Adobe Pro DC, which we used last year.....they register for him and we were sent the link to install.    Now, the software on our Mac says "expired" becuase it's been over a year.  Makes total sense.

So he was just given a new "subscription" from his school for this year and the school provided the link to "install". When we attempt to install, we are given a notice the computer already detects Adobe Pro DC  and will not allow us to proceed with the install (I was hoping the software would detect is it's "renewing"  -  but no.) Anyway,   I thought about uninstalling the old subscription/installation and then proceeding with installing the new subsription/installation, but I am worried about losing all of his files.    

Would appreciate suggestions on what to do.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

To your actual question: Nothing. Uninstalling does not affect any of the PDF files you have on your computer. Of course, you might not be able to open them unless you install some other PDF viewer, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t install again. That’s not needed when you renew. The renewal belongs to your Adobe ID, and should be picked up automatically. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To your actual question: Nothing. Uninstalling does not affect any of the PDF files you have on your computer. Of course, you might not be able to open them unless you install some other PDF viewer, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I found an answer to what I thought was a simple question. So I should still be able to open files that were stored on Acrobat DC, through Acrobat Reader on my computer. Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines