• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I print a fillable form from Reader DC with blank fillable checkbox fields, the fields print as checkmarks (not blank boxes). Any way to change that with Reader (not Pro)?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The square boxes print as checkmarks even though I haven't checked them in the form.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Mac - 2018.009.20050

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Yes, they are aware of the issue. They suggested that we (the consumer of their document) change the checkbox setting not print filled-in. I suspect that is a setting within Acrobat Pro or InDesign - whatever they used to develop and compile the form. That is what I will suggest they look into. I'm not the only one who experiences the issue. Thank you for looking into it and testing it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very very strange. Can you share the file with us (via Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Who specifically do I share it with? Not sure how to load it to Dropbox and make it available -- to the general public? you specifically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible, make it publicly available and post the link to it here, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to see it here: Dropbox - Adobe File Checkboxes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems fine to me, but I don't have your exact configuration...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you print, the checkboxes print as boxes? Mac or Windows? Reader or Pro? And I'm using an m251nw HP LaserJet 200.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, yes, I do see it now... No idea what might be causing this. Maybe if the fields were created in InDesign there could be some kind of font corruption. Did you report this issue to the author of the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, they are aware of the issue. They suggested that we (the consumer of their document) change the checkbox setting not print filled-in. I suspect that is a setting within Acrobat Pro or InDesign - whatever they used to develop and compile the form. That is what I will suggest they look into. I'm not the only one who experiences the issue. Thank you for looking into it and testing it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines