• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I tab adobe tried to add a comment

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2024 May 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help - I was working on a form. Now in all forms adobe inserts a comment everytime I tab. How do I stop this? A couple of weeks ago Forms wanted e-signatures - now this. Are there any viable options besides Adobe? 

Thank you

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Hi @MaryMcKH 

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues in using forms in Adobe Acrobat.

We are aware of the issue and this will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Meanwhile as a workaround you can create the below registry

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown\bReplaceOnKeyDown=0

Steps

1. Close Acrobat if its already open
  2. Open registry editor
  3. Traverse to the path : Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC
  4. Create new key

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem -- every time I tab Adobe adds a comment making it impossible to tab through a fillable form. Help please Adobe !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MaryMcKH 

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues in using forms in Adobe Acrobat.

We are aware of the issue and this will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Meanwhile as a workaround you can create the below registry

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown\bReplaceOnKeyDown=0

Steps

1. Close Acrobat if its already open
  2. Open registry editor
  3. Traverse to the path : Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC
  4. Create new key with name FeatureLockDown
  5. Inside this key create a new DWORD(32 bit) with name bReplaceOnKeyDown and set its Value to 0
  6. Close Registry editor and relaunch Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work. Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me awhile to figure out how to do this, but it worked! It might help some who are less techy to know that "Registry Editor" can be typed into the search box and then you follow the steps from there. And to set the value to ) in the DWORD, you need to right click and edit the key to check it's value. But once I figured that out, it seems to have fixed the problem! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This paired with Correct Answer solved my problem! It was a long two weeks until I decided to seek out a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've walked through these and I've also restarted my computer. It is still commenting when I hit tab. Here's a screenshot of my Registry Editor, 

Sarah38030870ybny_0-1718304159047.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a new comment opens, but instead of starting blank it starts with a tabbed space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so after the weekend and my Adobe updated it's been working. Weird. But thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but this is something Adobe should fix or move to Preferences - A regedit is something most users would be concerned about

Claudio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we know when this update is coming? I use Acrobat purely for fillable forms and I may as well handwrite all of my notes at this rate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been driving me absolutely MAD. I can't fix it on Mac so it's extra frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with "TAB". Every time when I want to navigate to hyperlinks, I ad comment. I can only use short cut "Shift + TAB" but my screen reader (NVDA) stoped read hyperlinks. NVDA only read hyperlinks when I use NVDA's shortcut (letter "K"). It is big acessebility problem! Please Adobe, tell me when Your company reapir this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines