Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When using Find and Replace in DC alignment issue with replaced text

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2022.002.20191 | 64 bit | Windows 10, and I have recently started to encounter somethnig when I am finding and replacing text in a PDF.

I start by Editing the PDF

I use the Find feature and add text

I expand the Find box by clicking on Replace and enter text in the Replace box

I click the Find Next and then Replace

When I click replace the text is replaced and realigned to Justified with additional spaces in the text box area.

I need to manually adjust the alignment back to left aligned in order to get the original look of the text in the text box.

Does anyone know why this may be happening or has anyone experienced this in the past and have a better soultion?

Thank you in advance for any guidance/assistance you are able to provide!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDF files were never meant to be edited in this way, so doing so is always going to be tricky and, in some cases, destructive to the layout of the file. There's no real solution to your issue, therefore. The correct way to do such changes is to apply them to the original file (if available) and then produce a new PDF file from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines