• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I download the adobe acrobat pdfmaker office com add in

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I dont want to buy adobe plus or so, Only want to be able to save an office 2010 document as pdf. For that I only need the adobe acrobat pdfmaker office com add in. It is not instllaled at my PC. I looked at all the places recommended here at the forum (programfiles86) Cant find it via word-file-options-addin. Microsoft refuses to help

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Yes, it is only in the paid versions. The paid product is called Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard, or just Acrobat. The free product, Acrobat Reader, is not called Acrobat.

You may not want to buy Acrobat, but Adobe really want to sell it - so they have the strongest hand!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This addin is part of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, is it only in the paid versions, or also in the free adobe version? Because I can not find it using explorer or via one of the office 2010 apps. I did enable seeing the hidden files in explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat is not free!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is only in the paid versions. The paid product is called Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard, or just Acrobat. The free product, Acrobat Reader, is not called Acrobat.

You may not want to buy Acrobat, but Adobe really want to sell it - so they have the strongest hand!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, now I finally know what the problem is. Pity that Microsoft and Adobe stopped the cooperation, costed me a lot of time to figure out what went wrong. Windows helpdesk chat could not find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why didn't you use the save as PDF in Office 2010?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, the built-in Save as PDF in Microsoft Office does have “issues” including the total inability to properly generate PDF when any OpenType CFF fonts are used and for some forms of placed images that are not 8-BPC RGB.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,even when I type only character in word,PowerPoint etc it refuses to save as pdf. If the rootcause is not the adobe add in, then how do I solve it? The windows chat could not help me. I  have ways to work around it if I need a pdf, but it is very inconvenient

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that it does not work.I get messages like file not found. According to Windows forums I should see the adobe plug in when I choose :  word-file--options-add ins. But, that is clear now, I dont have it. The helpchat from windows has no clue what is wrong, but are willing to sell me an expensive service-contract. the microsoft forums say that it is related to the adobe addin. In the past saving as pdf in office worked perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way that you will see anything Adobe in Microsoft Office applications is if you buy a license/subscription to Adobe Acrobat. When Acrobat is installed, it installs the Acrobat PDFMaker plug-in to Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.

This is not available separately, regardless of what someone may have told you on a Microsoft forum.

Sorry!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I downloaded and Installed Acrobat Pro and it did NOT install the plugin. I have Microsoft Word 2011. It looks like PDFMaker should of been installed?

Is there a way to install manually?

Thanks,

Alison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this Acrobat Pro DC on Mac? Should add PDFMaker to Word 2011. No way to install it manually but you might have to enable add-ons somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I don't know what cooperation you mean. The addin was never free. Since Word 2007 Microsoft have had Save as PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... And Microsoft's Save as PDF never used any code from Adobe!

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, Save As PDF is a normal part of Word. Doesn't need, can't use and won't see any Adobe add on. Microsoft support seem to have been trying to pass the buck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply download something like PrimoPDF and save file using Print command. It allows setting the desired quality of the document. Not as good as Adobe plug-in, but can save the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried PrimoPDF and BullZIP. They are great if you jnust want a vanilla PDF, but there are no options for anything like converting Word headings to PDF bookmarks.

Does anyone know of a print-to-PDF tool that has those options? 

I am running Office 365 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro has those options (though not on print to PDF). Other apps aren't our department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, we know. The point was finding a tool that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, meaning nothing from Adobe.

I am running Office 365 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines