• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is toolbar in 2023.001.20143

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the above vesion (to a new computer) and there is no longer a toolbar.  Is this expected behavior?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this an acrobat question?

<moved from enterprise and teams>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is a Reader question.  Am I on the wrong community?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your post is now in the reader forum.

<moved from acrobat>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel29396548gwgo,

Thank you for reaching out.

You might be referring to the new Acrobat experience. This is a new modern UI introduced with the recent update. Please refer to the information about the new Acrobat experience in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is, how can I put it back where it was? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buddy, I wish I could chew out your UI team. This is garbage!

I need the toolbar to see what page number I'm looking at, use the quicktools, etc. Your userbase needs a workable tool as its first priority, not something that looks pretty. Some of the pdfs I look at are hundreds of repetitive pages.

Having to waste time undoing your "improvements" is an inconvenience no one needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Daniel29396548gwgo  Thank you for reaching out to us.

Could you please let us know if you are facing this issue on all the files or on any specific file ?

Please attach file, if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel29396548gwgo 

Most probably you will be redirected to the modernization view of Reader. After opening a document, you will be able to see all tools from top left side of Reader which is in contrast to Righ hand side placement of toolbar in classic view.

Let us know if you still face issue while seeing Toolbar.

Best,

Bhawna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.  Figued it out.  I reverted to the classic view, but I'll also try to get used to the modern view.  Thanks all for your comments and help.  Great community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Daniel29396548gwgo .

We recommend you to use modern view which is more user friendly and provides more ergonomics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely sure whether something that people can't figure out and have to ask about in a forum can really be described as "user friendly". Will the forum regulars have to answer millions of questions, to tell each user, one at a time how to use this user friendly option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the new UI isn't for me user friendly and ergonomic any way.

I have more klicks and longer paths with the mouse.
Maybe it good at most for touchscreen.

Examples:

To change the view i have now first to go in the "Hamburger" Menu in the top left corner, then to "view" then to the view options.

Old UI: i have a direct menu "view" in the toolbar above. Shorter mouse path, two klicks less > much faster.

Pagenavigation and zoom. Now i have to move my mouse all the way on my 4k Monitor to the lower right corner to some very tiny icons. Old UI: Navigation in the middle on top of the screen with much better readable icons. with just one look i see the magnification i use. very fast restet to 100%

The quick action toolbar is nice .. but only if i could move it to the position i need. So in this way fixed upper left it is the same as in the old toolbar on top, wait it's now longer away as bevor in the middle of the top. Or could i change the icon sizes and move the quick action toolbar? Or where i could move my navigation toolbar?

If Adobe make a new UI, please make it realy user friendly and ergonomic and flexible as the windows in photoshop.There I can choose which window and where I want to position it.

I think the new ui seems to ignore the real needs of the users as also much comments in the web shows.

I was so happy i could change to the old view. But as i know Adobe for nearly 30 years. This option will disapear in a few updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modern view is a joke. User friendly is having a customizable toolbar that I can just put the tools I frequently use be available with one easy click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new experience feels like changes made for changes' sake. As a long-time Acrobat user, it's not at all an improvement to hide tools and increase the number of clicks needed to access them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this thread is mix of reader and acrobat related poosts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat related forums the most popular answer right now is to go back to the old interface:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/i-want-to-revert-to-a-previous-version-of-acrobat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restore Menu Bar in Adobe Reader

https://youtu.be/zFkjvUxkSS0

In this step-by-step tutorial, Learn How to Restore Menu Bar in Adobe Reader | Adobe Reader Tools Menu Missing | Adobe Reader Toolbar Missing Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for 'Fair Use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to search for navigation bar on google and read adobe help pages until I figured that it's right there at the bottom right of the acrobat reader window:

Dan351237200hol_0-1706601105337.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines