• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White box and spinning wheel blocking access to Acrobat

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Adobe please help resolve this frustrating issue with acrobat on my windows 10 desktotop and windows 11 laptop? Acrobat is not usable at all due to the white box with spinning wheel, it looks like it's trying to load up the login screen or something but nothing is happening. 

Screenshot 2023-08-03 130503.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the box did go away, no idea how. Then I couldn't sign any documents, with a recorded signature swiggle or a digital ID.  I found the best solution is to uninstall Acrobat 64bit and install Acrobat 32bit. The 64bit has some "functions impacted", which was a nice why of saying that it is not fit for production.

Anyway, try the 32 but version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support is [moderator removed expletive]  useless. I was on the phone for a half-hour being transferred from one person to the next, asking the same questions over and over and offering NOTHING in terms of help. Really? Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling your printer.  It did the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did NOT do the trick for me...and Adobe is still silent about a fix. Nearly 30 years I've been using their products, but now only crickets. I guess that should tell us all how much they value our business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, I have the impression that supporting users is an easy task, according to the supported. 

Uninstall - run AcroCleaner (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html) - redownload Acrobat - install.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  None of the fixes have worked.  Hanging on for an update to Acrobat, but using the online version instead of the desktop version is just a short term stop gap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you Adobe to help people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is useless for this problem. Nothing but crickets for them while we, the people who depend on their product for our businesses, have to find a workaround...which I did. For anyone experiencing the infuriating silence from Adobe on this, try FOXIT pdf editor. I've been using it for weeks now and it's working nicely for all my needs. With their silence, it's almost as if Adobe WANTS us to move to different products!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
For this issue, some of the most common issues/solutions are:
- make sure Adobe Acrobat is up to date
-The device may not have enough resources(RAM, CPU) to handle the PDF, try closing other apps/restarting the device and then attempt to open the PDF again.
- PDF files could be corrupted
- could be a browser issue, try a different browser
- On Chrome can change the PDF setting:
settings>Privacy and security> Site settings> scroll down and click on Additional content settings> select PDF documents> change default behaviour to Download PDFs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines