• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I unable to see a green tick at the signature location on a digitally signed PDF document?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am signing a pdf file using digital signature certificate in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on macOS.
However when I open the certificate signed pdf file in Adobe acrobat Reader DC, I don’t get the green tick on the signature location even though the status shows signature verified. I am getting green tick on income tax documents downloaded from income tax website, but no green tick shown on pdf signed by me.
Kindly advise on how to get green tick on digital certificate signature on a pdf file signed by me.
Thanks
TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The green tick inside the document area or any in-document visualisations of the signature validity in general have been deprecated more than a dozen years ago. Adobe Reader supports them for backward compatibility reasons only but they have never been part of the ISO pdf specifications. In the current PDF specification, ISO 32000-2, they have been forbidden.

For some details and references see this stackoverflow.com answer .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines