• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why change everything?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Why do you "creators" feel a need to completely change the layout of toolbars, etc. in a program?! Do you have nothing to do so you just search out what you can do to aggravate us? Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts! WHY???

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

@reginal79098089 wrote on 22 June:

Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts!

Hi Reginal,

I have yet to hear from someone who likes the "new experience" in Acrobat, but it is easy to turn off!

Steps to enable [and disable] the new experience

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Was this even tested before it was released to the public?

By @Jerome DCProud Lewis

Adobe has pre-release testers for all the Creative Suite programs and Acrobat. Occassionally I see Adobe announce for people to join the testing program.

Many of us community experts here in the forums are testers for Adobe, and many of us have been doing this since the 1980s and 1990s. 

I can't recall much positive feedback from the testers before the "modern" Acrobat was released to the public. I know m

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 321 Replies 321
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can't revert, will unsubscribe. 

By @Maria Lourdes32071115kuvj

Yes, you can revert. See the correct answers at the very top — and repeated multiple times throughout this thread. If you don't see them please let us know and we can post them again for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This set of instructions shows how to do it on both Mac and Windows and has screen captures.

Very easy to do.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-2023-how-to-revert-to-classic-gui-user-in...

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree why the change which has cost way to much time out of my day stuffing around with this complete waste of time progrsamme.

I wouldnt have purchased it in this layout so not sure why you feel it would be a good move ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure why you feel it would be a good move ???

By @tonya76597886

Tonya, you might want to ask the product developers instead of other users. Adobe staff has an Adobe logo and Adobe Employee tag. So far, none have been on this thread. 

You can comment and Upvote on UserVoice where the product developers will see it:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a completely useless and arbitrary change!! Why? Why? Keep your job by making a better product and stop reading Microsoft's Ten Steps to Destroying User Trust. And why force the change? I've used Adobe for ages and I've never seen you break a product. Roll it back. Take your lumps. Move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a completely useless and arbitrary change!! Why? Why? Keep your job...

By @jbsomewhere

You are talking to volunteers who do not work for Adobe and are just trying to help. Have you disabled the New Experience yet? We keep repeating the steps because few people seem to be reading the thread.

To disable the new experience,

• Windows: Click the hamburger menu (   ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
  • macOS: Go to View > Disable new Acrobat.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post is directed at Adobe's team, not the very helpful volunteers that post to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post is directed at Adobe's team, not the very helpful volunteers that post to this forum.

By @jbsomewhere

Thank you JB! 😊

The direct link to the thread on UserVoice about the new experience has also been posted here multiple times. Here it is again. The product developers will see it there.

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files in the directory are managed by the OS. The OS attributes the icons.

What is your OS and version? My choice is perfectly sticky.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you nay need to uninstall and then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOTALLY AGREE! I am wasting so much time trying to find my essential functions in this new PDF look, and my job is too busy for this. PDFs were working perfectly fine before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Judy321345438wv7 

restore the previous acrobat look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related to any break in current workflows in all our past & upcoming releases. 

If any of your current workflows are not functioning as expected, share them with us on this thread, and we will address them with the highest priority.

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback. 

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the "Menu" on the top left corner of Windows and View Menu on MacOS. We will follow up with a detailed community-featured post, guiding you to familiarise yourself with the new interface and regular updates on upcoming changes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything about this change means that there are extra clicks that have to be made to get the job done. Why would you think that would be helpful at all?  I do not understand why these changes are made this way.  What you need to do is remove the so-called upgrades and go back to the drawing board.  Pay attention to your users instead of the programmers that make changes for the sake of change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BINGO!!

"THIS"  is exactly, out of continued frustration, that I came looking to (cursing removed) because it seems that is all you can do with these people. I used to be able to simply "right click" on a comment to check it and remove it from view. Now, it's like fishing, maybe it works, maybe not, maybe if you click another comment (never mind it might change your page) and come back, it will work. 

"we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface

. . .  seriously ?  most of us here are trying to get our work done, to pay the subscription, revenue to Adobe, that pays the developers saleries. One starts to wonder, who is working for who here !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its really bad. It was soooo good before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restore the old acrobat interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface youcan be more productive & get more out of Acrobat

By @AnandSri

Most folks on this thread are not trying to get used to the new interface in Adobe Acrobat, as they have already disabled the "new experience" and have no intention of returning to it in the immediate future.

If any of your current workflows are not functioning as expected, share them with us on this thread, and we will address them with the highest priority. We appreciate your valuable feedback! 

By @AnandSri

Yes, lots of workflows were not only interupted, they were not functioning at all when folks got thrown into the New Experience without warning. These have already been shared in this thread. Thank you for your promise to address them with highest priority as you read the thread from top to bottom and address each person in this thread.

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the "Menu" on the top left corner of Windows and View Menu on MacOS.

By @AnandSri

Directions to switch to the old interface have been given multiple times in this thread, as were directions to post to UserVoice. Posts from Bevi Chagnon @ PubCom  and myself were marked correct and were at the top of the thread, but I see that you or someone else has unmarked them and pinned your own reply instead.

We will follow up with a detailed community-featured post, guiding you to familiarise yourself with the new interface and regular updates on upcoming changes.

By @AnandSri

Thank you for your post, Anand, although it seems late because the first post in this thread from @reginal79098089  is dated June 22, 2023 and it is now September 7. It would have be more useful to give us that community-featured post three months ago, saving users so much grief and frustration. Please think of a better way to make a major interface change without springing it on unsuspecting users who find it when they turn on their computers and have work to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Directions to switch to the old interface have been given multiple times in this thread, as were directions to post to UserVoice. Posts from Bevi Chagnon @ PubCom  and myself were marked correct and were at the top of the thread, but I see that you or someone else has unmarked them and pinned your own reply instead.

By @jane-e

Chiming in...

Not only were both Jane's and my instructions Unchecked as the correct answers, mine were further "cleansed" by the moderator in several similar posts (they look like an empty post with my name), and other posts were deleted entirely. Disappeared. Gone. Can't find them anywhere, not even in my account list.

And you did this not just here in this thread, but in many of the posts about the interface change (my last rough count was over 60 different posts complaining about the interface). Helpful instructions were either buried or deleted and replaced by baseless excuses and gaslighting.

This response by Adobe is just plain insulting to us volunteer experts.

Insulting and unhelpful to customers, too, because the parts that were deleted or unchecked were instructions to quickly disable the new interface and revert back, as well as the hyperlink to voice opinions at UserVoice at https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t....

(I encourage folks to submit comments and vote at the UserVoice link above.)

Deplorable actions by Adobe. I'm disgusted.

I want you to go back to ALL the posts where this was done, UNpin your gaslighting, and remark as Correct the instructions about how to revert so they appear at the top of each thread again. This will let users quickly get the help they need. 

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow. 

it was hard to believe this thread could have gotten worse in one day, but apparently it has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bevi Chagnon - PubCom.com And I marked them

as correct again. I can do this all day if needed Bevi ;-). Fully support your remark here by the way 😡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Frans v.d. Geest !

Bevi Chagnon @ PubCom , you looked at the posts more diligently than I did and found much to be disturbed by.

I did some exploring this morning and see that at least one other team member is posting the same reply on similar threads. The Roundtable is coming up soon.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand Sri needs to be fired

Jim leben

[phone number removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand Sri needs to be fired
Jim leben

By @noggin nocker

Anand is a good guy and is part of a team. Don't shoot the messenger!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines