• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why change everything?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Why do you "creators" feel a need to completely change the layout of toolbars, etc. in a program?! Do you have nothing to do so you just search out what you can do to aggravate us? Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts! WHY???

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

@reginal79098089 wrote on 22 June:

Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts!

Hi Reginal,

I have yet to hear from someone who likes the "new experience" in Acrobat, but it is easy to turn off!

Steps to enable [and disable] the new experience

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Was this even tested before it was released to the public?

By @Jerome DCProud Lewis

Adobe has pre-release testers for all the Creative Suite programs and Acrobat. Occassionally I see Adobe announce for people to join the testing program.

Many of us community experts here in the forums are testers for Adobe, and many of us have been doing this since the 1980s and 1990s. 

I can't recall much positive feedback from the testers before the "modern" Acrobat was released to the public. I know m

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 287 Replies 287
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@reginal79098089 wrote on 22 June:

Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts!

Hi Reginal,

I have yet to hear from someone who likes the "new experience" in Acrobat, but it is easy to turn off!

Steps to enable [and disable] the new experience

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go to View > Disable new Acrobat.

Details about the New Experience here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html 

Does this help?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lifesaver! Thanks, Jane - the new layout was absolutely appalling so glad to revert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @alanjr_uk , I'm glad it was an easy fix 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree!  Glad there is a reset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Jane you are a lifesaver! Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're so very welcome, @reginal79098089 ! This one has left a lot of us wondering why, but at least Adobe gave us a quick way out.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I could give you 10 upvotes, I would.  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aww...thanks @James 222 , 😊 and you're welcome!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2023 updated interface for Adobe Acrobat is causing many users severe problems.

This post gives instructions on how to revert to the classic interface (i.e., the original interface for the past 10 years) and ditch what Adobe calls its "Modern Viewer."

In Windows Acrobat:

1. Locate the "hamburger menu" in the upper left corner (3 horizontal bars where the old "File" menu used to be).
  2. Select Disable New Acrobat.

The hamburger menu in new Acrobat-Windows.The hamburger menu in new Acrobat-Windows.

In Mac Acrobat:

1. From the View menu at the top, select Disable New Acrobat.

Let Adobe know:

You can voice your opinion about the new interface at UserVoice: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t... 

Be sure to leave a comment about your opinion and experience with the new interface. They need to hear from us users.

FYI, UserVoice is Adobe's official website where it reads and takes into account suggestions and complaints from users of its various products.  On the other hand, this community forum is a user-to-user help forum and information posted here rarely reaches ears or eyes at Adobe.

Learn about the new interface:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this information, the new update was causing me brain damage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link should have been posted at the top of the new interface to access clues on dealing with this system. I only saw the link when I read your comment. I may have saved some time, and frustration had I known about the link before trying to use the new system.  

Bonnie241539314h01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea why this "fix" won't work for some? I have tried numerous times to disbale the new version as described above, but I keep getting the new version. Thoughts? Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea why this "fix" won't work for some? I have tried numerous times to disbale the new version as described above, but I keep getting the new version. Thoughts? Help!

By @Proofreader

I'm a volunteer who does not work for Adobe and cannot answer this question. I've been able to go back and forth several times as I answer questions. I think this needs its own thread so it gets more attention. Can you start a new thread that describes the issue? Include screenshots, your OS, and your version of Acrobat DC.

Thank you,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You better believe I let them know how much I loathed the new layout!  It was so drastically different and that floating toolbar, vertical, instead of horizontal was driving me crazy! Then I couldn't get the page arrows/counter to show anywhere but on the lower right side.   I realize change is inevitable but it was just a bit too drastic for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by hamburger menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hamburger menu = 3 horizontal bars like this.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!  I've never posted before but I logged in just to say (again) THANK YOU!!!  Reginal is 100% accurate (WHY?!?!?) but Jane you came through in the clutch!  A lifesaver!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad this worked for you to switch back @frankr11560587 ðŸ˜Š

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Praise Jesus!  Thank you for listing how to get out of that madness!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome @laurah46712155 , I'm glad you could switch back 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phew, THANKYOU. 

WHY do these modern "UX Designers" feel everything needs to be like a bloody phone app? I'M ON A PC, I WANT A PROPER TOOLBAR. I do NOT want a stupid phone / tablet style layout with fancy looking graphics and panels. I simply want a minimalised, but customisable experience with all the optiosn I need in easy reach of a couple of clicks. 

For mobile devices (tablet, phone etc) losing such menus and customisability is a SACRIFICE, not a feature! We sacrifice it to gain portability and max use of (small) screen real estate. On a PC, I have more than enough room for a proper UI and toolbar! I do not need it to be restricted as a phone app is! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BobT36 

Hear hear! And on top of that, if it would be possible to avoid moving around panels that have been located in the same place for nearly two decades now and that users expect to find in a specific location, that would be great. Not to mention breaking the functionality of custom-made tools that rely on these panels...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines