• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why change everything?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Why do you "creators" feel a need to completely change the layout of toolbars, etc. in a program?! Do you have nothing to do so you just search out what you can do to aggravate us? Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts! WHY???

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

@reginal79098089 wrote on 22 June:

Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts!

Hi Reginal,

I have yet to hear from someone who likes the "new experience" in Acrobat, but it is easy to turn off!

Steps to enable [and disable] the new experience

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Was this even tested before it was released to the public?

By @Jerome DCProud Lewis

Adobe has pre-release testers for all the Creative Suite programs and Acrobat. Occassionally I see Adobe announce for people to join the testing program.

Many of us community experts here in the forums are testers for Adobe, and many of us have been doing this since the 1980s and 1990s. 

I can't recall much positive feedback from the testers before the "modern" Acrobat was released to the public. I know m

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 283 Replies 283
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to report that the Thumbnails formerly present in the PDF Portfolio are missing. The portfolio is now represented just as a list. 

After switching to the old UI, the thumbnail pan appears on the left side as it used to be, however, it shows only PDF icons, not the actual thumbnails.

Also, notice that in the new "list" GUI the files are opened separately in a new tab. When you switch to the old GUI you can browse through the files seamlessly, all switching within one tab. That is a crucial feature! I cannot emphasize this more!

Adobe, stand by your claims that all workflows and functionalities retain their quality! Restore the powerful functionality of the PDF Portfolio. It is now completely impaired.

Thanks,

Martin Jezek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! I cant stand the new layout they pushed out! At least give us the opportunity to revert to the classic layout! Honestly (cursing removed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David35187565eaf7 

you can:

mac: view > disable new acrobat

win: hamburger menu (upper left) > disable new acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree with you more. This version is horrible 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heartily agree - they broke what workflow I have developed to be productive.  Thank you and to others that gave me the proper tools to reset to the classic menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I HATE the layout changes Adobe made to Acrobat Pro, and I find it incredibly stupid to not give users the flexibility to choose their own layout. 

Did I mention I HATE the layout changes?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already didn't care for these changes, but they're especially confusing to older folk who might use computers. One user thought they were still in Firefox, presumably because of the prominent tabs lining the top of the window, you know, like a BROWSER. Thank you for the option to go back to the old Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generally like new versions in every apps but really dislike this new Adobe reader. I really appreciate developers effort to bring us something new, but after some time trying it I happily reverted back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On top of the new horrible interface, Acrobat is now crashing when we try to open a linked PDF file. Again. After disabling the new interface, it doesn't crash anymore, so it's definitelly connected to the recent changes. This happened on ALL computers at my workplace, which means that it's not a problem with a specific machine. Also, some important functions for the production of our newspaper suddenly disapeared in the new version. Sometimes, Adobe seems to hate its professional users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Miguel Medalha 

disable the new acrobat if you don't like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just a question of "not liking the new version", as if it's an issue of personal preferences. The new version is riddled with bugs. We keep finding new ones every single day. It should never have been released in this state for public consumption. It's barely a beta version at this point. Adobe needs to first fix all of these issues, and then start thinking about whether it's a desirable change in the first place. For many people it's not, even if it worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad 

My concern is how long we will be able to disable the new Acrobat interface. At what point might this workaround be discontinued?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad 

My concern is how long we will be able to disable the new Acrobat interface. At what point might this workaround be discontinued?

By @Martin24483200eus3

that, i do not know.  and good suggestion for adobe:

to report bugs or ideas or wishes to adobe: for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for createive cloud assets:

bugs, https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-collaboration-experiences/ct-p/ct-adobe-collaboration-experienc...

requests, https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-collaboration-experiences/ct-p/ct-adobe-collaboration-experienc...

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

if neither show a place to report the issue, just leave it here. that's the best you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At what point might this workaround be discontinued?

Nobody knows, I asked the development team a few weeks ago and they promised me an answer... Soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not all that Acrobat "crashes."  Every time the Acrobat undate installer runs, my computer bogs down so much that I can't function.  I end up having to shut down and reboot my computer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, the "Manage Actions" tool just disappeared. There is now a button for something called "Use guided actions" but when we try to use it, a window pops up saying "The new Acrobat experience does not support this feature yet". Meaning, they decided to completely change the thing and realease it without even having completed their work.  This is very serious for our workflow. If Adobe continues on this path we will start searching for a new PDF editor, made by someone who doesn't hate its users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another issue is the background color. It's too light, resulting in a very poor contrast between the displayed pages and the window background.. This issue had already appeared when Acrobat DC was first launched in 2015 and it was heavily criticized. Well, there it is again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View/disable new Acrobat causes the program to crash on my Mac. So I am stuck with searching for my tool bars!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. I know it's a pain but it may work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACROBAT TOOLBARS:

The problem was just corrected with today's release. From Adobe's notice:

The issue has been resolved and is available in the application version 23.008.20533 and above.
We now have a preference to enable a scroll bar.
Details can be found at:- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/scroll-framework-upgrade-macos.html

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some things are better left alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come to this thread because I've had enough to the new format. I've had to go back to the old version. Why move everything? It's so buggy and crashes all the time. Like someone has said in this thread already... "Why? Just why!!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to revery back to the "old" layout has disappeared in the latest version of Acrobat Pro.  I hate that page numbering and document zoom are on the side & can't be moved back to the top.  Stop changing things that aren't broken !  If you're going to move layouts, at least give users the ability to move the bars back where we want them . . .the users !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still here after the latest update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regina, I couldn't agree with you more! I was able to disable the new Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines