• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why change everything?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Why do you "creators" feel a need to completely change the layout of toolbars, etc. in a program?! Do you have nothing to do so you just search out what you can do to aggravate us? Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts! WHY???

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

@reginal79098089 wrote on 22 June:

Adobe Acrobat DC is now TOTALLY different in the toolbar layouts!

Hi Reginal,

I have yet to hear from someone who likes the "new experience" in Acrobat, but it is easy to turn off!

Steps to enable [and disable] the new experience

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Was this even tested before it was released to the public?

By @Jerome DCProud Lewis

Adobe has pre-release testers for all the Creative Suite programs and Acrobat. Occassionally I see Adobe announce for people to join the testing program.

Many of us community experts here in the forums are testers for Adobe, and many of us have been doing this since the 1980s and 1990s. 

I can't recall much positive feedback from the testers before the "modern" Acrobat was released to the public. I know m

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All!

I hope you all are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive & get more out of Acrobat.  

As we made these changes in the interface, we have tried to ensure all tools & features currently supported retain their familiar functionalities and workflows as they did in the previous version. We are committed to addressing any gaps or issues users report related

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 287 Replies 287
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, you are so right about the lag time.  It's not just the new version.  It's the older version too, which thankfully I was able to restore.  At least once a week, my computer chokes so badly that I have to reboot.  Often it's because Acrobat is trying to do some kind of update in the background.  Every function on my computer hangs up, and everything takes so much time that it drives me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am amazed that no journalist has reported on this awful “improvement “. It is so bad.

Get Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, why ruin what was otherwise a very good User Experience?  Adobe traditionally has a very good UX team, but clearly something has changed!

Adobe, if you're reading this:  it's about clicks.  If it takes me 3 more clicks to accomplish the same task I used to do in 2, then you're design is awful.  

3 clicks

X number of times per day task is performed

X number of work days using Acrobat DC Pro

-------------------------------------------------------------

PERSON WEEKS of time wasted.

Seriously, I do this math all the time when designing tools.  The hours really do add up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MtnLiam 

Have you disabled the New Experience yet? The instructions are repeated throughout this thread, but here they are again:

Steps to enable [and disable] the new experience

• To enable the new experience, go to View > Enable new Acrobat and click Restart.
  • To disable the new experience,
    • Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( 3 lines ) at the upper left corner and choose Disable new Acrobat.
    • macOS: Go to View > Disable new Acrobat.

Details about the New Experience here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Teresa Nemeth 

uninstall acrobat, including preferences, then reinstall.

disable new acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane, That was the first thing I did.  UX statements are still valid. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new changes are the absolute worst. I am not sure who though it would be a good idea to completely change the way you you have been able to edit documents for the past several years. It is requiring us to completely re-learn the system and causing significant delays in processing documents. it is very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So true.  What I don't understand is why Adobe isn't doing anything to resolve the problems.  This community forum seems to be only a place for us to vent.  Adobe should be listening to its customers and scraping the new version.  Adobe seems to be deaf to our complaints in addition to being blind to what customers need and want with updates.  Adobe, are you listening?  When will you scrap this horrendous verion with all the problems it has created for users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I don't understand is why Adobe isn't doing anything to resolve the problems.  This community forum seems to be only a place for us to vent.  Adobe should be listening to its customers and scraping the new version.  

By @jilll47525288

The Adobe product developers use a different website for bug reports and feature requests. You can post here:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

This forum is mostly a community forum, with some amazing staff also participating. Bugs and ideas still need to go to UserVoice.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jilll47525288 

which problem(s) are you seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already documented my complaints in this and other posts.  Adobe has full access to the information that I and others have posted here. I don't need to repeat myself.  Besides, I've already reverted to the older version so I don't have to be aggravated by the horrid new release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

posts here are user-to-user, not to adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an Adobe-owned resource that Adobe does monitor.  But that's immaterial.  Adobe's latest version of Acrobat is miserable and causing enormous problems for a lot of customers.  Adobe needs to listen to its customers and ditch this version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

users can disable the "new" acrobat and use the acrobat ide to which they are accustomed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  If you take the time to look at this posts and others like it, you'll see that it's exactly what many of us have done until such time as Adobe comes to its senses.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new "modern" interface is Adobe's new Spectrum 2 interface design. We expect that it will be migrated to the rest of the Adobe lineup of programs in the coming months.

However, that doesn't make it better. It's horrible because:

• Can't modify or customize WHICH tools appear, and WHERE they appear.
  • Doesn't seem to have a logical grouping of tools for related tasks.
  • The icons, although nice looking and clean, don't really represent the task they perform. Hard to figure what the heck each icon is for!

I hope Adobe will bring back individual panels of related tasks/tools and allow us to dock them wherever we want, even onto a second side monitor. Create a personalized workspace like what users of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator have.

Oh god, I sure hope we don't lose that capability in those programs when this awful Spectrum 2 interface migrates to them!

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(not that i'm complaining, but i had 2 or 3 acrobat updates and still see the familiar interface.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an awful change to the layout, if anything, they should make it so you can change where things are, not force a new layout that may not be useful for all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you may not have disabled the New Interface yet, @Trudi348367091xmg . See the steps in the post marked "correct" and repeated throughout this thread.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  I don't like the new layout with the page thumbnail panel on the wrong side, and my toolbar completely disappeared.   I immediately disabled the "new" acrobat and now everything is back to normal.  

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!  Gah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complete surprise too. No news. No warning. No 'would you like to change?'. Just a change, that sends my reader crashing every couple of minutes and is really annoying to use/

Thank goodness for the disable new acrobat tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have (for some reason) been using Acrobat reader a long time. Having gotten wiser through the years, I have configured my firewall to decline any access to internet by any Adobe software. This should prevent any unwanted changes to my user interface, I thought... ...until now. Out of the blue, the reader had enabled "New Experience".

Checked my firewall settings - still no access to internet by Adobe, in nor out. How does the reader change the UI then? Is it malware? Is there "root kit"? Should all Adobe tools be driven in a "sandbox"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Avoid34876232f5sh 

win: upper left hamburger menu > disable new acrobat

mac: view > disable new acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info to disable. I hated the new look as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To: reginal

I hear your frustration. I feel exactally the same way. I was feeling that I was just old and grumpy and was an old dog that didn't want to learn any new tricks. I am extremelly bussy and I you Acrobate a lot then when they change it on the fly it really disrups my work flow. I don't have the time to fiddly around with things. I am happy though a solution was posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines